[D6, LM](Soyokaze's Forge) Charging Storm [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D6, LM](Soyokaze's Forge) Charging Storm [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:58 am

There was wonder in his eyes as he spoke.

"I have to think that they are even if the Empire at large doesn't know them. If they weren't I imagine The Phoenix and Lion would have marched on you by now especially with people such as yourself talking freely about them. I for one find it fascinating, I grew up in a family full of shugenja so I am well schooled but for the first time since I was a child I'm learning something new about my religion. I have so many questions about the different rituals and offerings you offer them, if they have individual names or are always considered a collective. You would likely lose your voice trying to answer every question I have right now."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Mitsuki shrugged, unfazed:

"If I was a member of a prominent shugenja family, deeply involved with the main faiths of the Empire, the Tao, the Seven, and the monastic orders around them, I likely wouldn't concern myself with the local religious oddities here and there as long as they remain localized. There are just too many.

People were explaining to me a weird fertility festival on the Crane shore the other day, the kind that probably got an official to facepalm before shrugging and deciding to tolerate it. This is not really different. Not like we're rejecting the existing Fortunes, the precepts of the Tao, or anything like that.

That could be used as a courtly argument against us sure, but quite a hypocritical one, as the Phoenix keep a few shrines to Fortunes otherwise utterly forgotten, and the way the Lion worship their ancestors is not exactly straight Shinseism."

She smiled:

"I could give you an introductory course to the Sovereigns of Death, but to be in the right mood for it, it would be more appropriate to do so on horseback, or at minimum in the open, with the wind blowing around us.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:10 pm

"I enjoy riding though I am not a skilled rider by my own clan's standard let alone those of the Unicorn but I am intrigued. I don't want to take over much of your time though if it is inconvenient."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:36 pm

"I would like to have my shield fixed eventually..."

Her tone was playful.

"... But maybe we can schedule that for another day. I'm sure the Deer will lend a pony for the afternoon if you ask them nicely."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 pm

"My apologies Mitsuki-sama. it will take me a day to properly recondition this; having the leather replaced, hammering out dings and buffing ant polishing it. I am sorry if this not soon enough for you." The young Crane jumped to his feet and took up the shield worried that he had upset his guest. "I will begin at once."
Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:57 am

She let out a small laugh:

"No issue, I didn't expect you to magically fix it up in two swings of your hammer and a snap of your fingers. Was just referencing you had work to do right now... And I'm also awaited somewhere else."

For the next step in her shopping spree, but still.

"I'll come back for my shield tomorrow, and we'll arrange for that ride and talk when we can. We all lodge in the same inn, it's not hard to find one another if we need to."