[D5 LA] Go Fund Me (Expecring GM NPC)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kasuga Yoshi

[D5 LA] Go Fund Me (Expecring GM NPC)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Yoshi stops through the market, looking over a few pieces. He eyes a floral hairpin and drops a bu on it, winding his way through. The Go stall seems an appropriate stop after his success at the game the day before. (And ignoring the nightmare which was the archery today)

Yoshi browses as he waits for the proprietor.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Goto

Re: [D5 LA] Go Fund Me (Expecring GM NPC)

Post by Goto » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:33 am

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Yoshi stops through the market, looking over a few pieces. He eyes a floral hairpin and drops a bu on it, winding his way through. The Go stall seems an appropriate stop after his success at the game the day before. (And ignoring the nightmare which was the archery today)

Yoshi browses as he waits for the proprietor.
"You have an excellent eye for quality, samurai-sama!" the properitor called out with a bow. "This one is Goto. How many I be of assistance to you today?"
Merchant

"Go? Go to Goto."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:12 pm

"Well, perhaps a board." Yoshi idly looks over a few pieces. "But to be honest, this is a chance to see if I can help you."

Yoshi looks around the shop. "My time visiting the village has convinced me that Kyuden Shika would be an excellent place to invest in. Furthermore, I believe that it makes sense to smooth over a foundation before beginning to build, and to win over any neighbors before beginning construction. I would like to show good will. Fools believe that profit is a zero sum game. Trade can be done in ways that make all around it prosper, and I want to make sure that is conveyed."
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Goto

Post by Goto » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Goto rubbed his chin at that.

"Hmm, well while I am but a humble servant of the Deer clan, Kasuga-sama, I would be a poor servant indeed if I did not seek ways to improve their lives while also keeping them secure from distasteful matters of commerce." he said with a small smile. "What sort of opportunities were you thinking about bringing to Kyuden Shika, Kasuga-sama?"
Merchant

"Go? Go to Goto."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:59 pm

"A few things Goto-san. The artisan market is well and good enough, and it allows participants to make gift to give potentially matches. But, just perhaps, those less inclined to those arts might like exotic gifts. And then, perhaps a place to relax that caters to out of towners."

Yoshi waves a hand. "But I think I am leaving off what we can do to help. More caravans, more eyes to your goods. And as I said, we like many to profit with us." Yoshi pulls out the jewlery piece. "In more ways than one."

Goto

Post by Goto » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Goto nods.

"The offer seems quite reasonable indeed, Kasuga-sama. I would be happy to assist you with any local expertise you might need." he offered.
Merchant

"Go? Go to Goto."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:16 pm

"Excellent. As I sign of good faith, I would like to offer you something. And please, feel free to dispense with the refusals as form." Yoshi pulls out the flower pendant he had picked up.

"I don't suppose that you have a lady to offer this to, do you?"

Goto

Post by Goto » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Goto smiled a bit.

"Beauty calls out to beauty, Kasuga-sama. I'm sure I can find the appropriate setting for that piece." he said agreeably.

He gestures to his boards.

"Speaking of beauty, we do have some very beautiful uses of wood and stone here, Kasuga-sama. Plus Go is a wonderful reason to visit someone late at night so you can make your moves, so I undersand."
Merchant

"Go? Go to Goto."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:11 pm

Yoshi is unable to resist a snort.

"You heard, I take it." He shakes his head. " What can I say other than "I hope a good wife straightens me out" Yoshi places the pendant in front of both of them. "It seems to be a positive thing to try, no? And if a little help mends some broken fences, I certainly think it's worth trying."

Yoshi pauses to think. "How much for a travel set? Something easy to take out on the road?"

Goto

Post by Goto » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:55 am

Goto shakes his head.

"Oh no, Goto has heard nothing. But Goto has been at Kyuden Shika long enough to know that not everyone is here for a cup of tea and a quick game of kemari."

He looked over the boards.

"For our most basic functional travel set, 1 bu. But we have much finer ones available, for a little bit more. Crafted from the finest woods of the forest, blessed by the priests to bring the two playing together, if not in love, then in mutual understanding."
Merchant

"Go? Go to Goto."