D6EA, Black and White and Purple All Over (Expecting)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shika Nesshin

Re: D6EA, Black and White and Purple All Over (Expecting)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:36 pm

"Makes sense enough," Nesshin says, "though it's hard for me to figure. Still, if it works for you and yours, and it seems to work well, then I hope you have the joy of it--and find someone to share that joy with you.

"For myself, I love these woods and lands. It is hard for me to imagine living away from them. But different people will have different needs and wants."

"Maybe this one?" And Nesshin holds out a hat that has a subtle pattern woven in--nothing flashy, but detailed for those who know to look.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 pm

"Maybe... Need to find a skirt and see how the whole ensemble match...

I guess that's if I'm a child of the wind, that would make you a child of the earth? Rooted deep in one place, only moving from it if incredible force if applied?

But, as someone reminded me barely a couple of hours ago, this miai could be that unstoppable force. The arcane of who marries in and who marries out are a mystery to me, but isn't there a good chance you will have to live elsewhere in the end?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:49 pm

"It's possible, of course," Nesshin says. "Likely, even, given the power dynamics in place." He smiles. "I am under no illusions as to the status of the Deer relative to many other Clans. And there are many places it would be good to see, certainly. Too, with the right company, any place is home--and home is what matters, really."

The vendor, having heard a request for more wares, provides as best he can. It's more a hakama than a skirt, as such, but it's there--and it matches.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm

"Family's still family too. Even if the physical distance between its members grow, people just always find ways to keep in touch. Once learned of my cousin's birth though a message that had gone through three different merchant caravans."

The horse-riding hakama indeed pleased Mitsuki.

"I think it's taking form. Just need a few minor alterations to fit my size. What are you people eating that make you all so tall by the way? I know I'm not a giant, but never in my life have I had to risk a torticollis at dusk simply for having looked at people in the eyes all day."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 am

"Tall?" Nesshin asks. "Well, we eat pretty much what you've seen here, or I do. The rest," Nesshin shrugs. "The Asahina is the real surprise, but he's also shown himself a valiant and discerning trencherman."

D11+, has a second fan.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:40 pm

"I can believe that. All this mass must be coming from somewhere.

As for the rest, I suppose it's the mythical water fat."

She went on to explain the terrible joke:

"It's one of the ways people of the desert sometimes use to refer to people living, from their point of view, near ample supplies of water. Usually mixed with equally flavorful and absurd insults.

Well, unless they're giving a roasting to an uncooperative camel. In that specific case, it's factually true."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm

"They...eat...camels?" Nesshin asks, not getting the reference although his player does--though he was no friend of Jamis.

In some things, the Deer is...sheltered. Not many, but certainly some.

D11+, has a second fan.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:06 am

"Well, they do sometimes, but the joke is that the camel is an animal that can store water in its fat... So it is extrapolated people outside the desert are just big because they're water-stuffed... And uh...

...I told you it wasn't a good joke. Though it does contain the hint of truth that our bodies are shaped by our environment, in top of being inherited from our parents and improved through our training. Had you been born in the mountains, you would likely fare better with altitude and less with jumping from tree to tree, even with the same ancestors and teachers."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:59 pm

"Huh," Nesshin says. "I suppose that makes sense. Never had thought about it."

D11+, has a second fan.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 pm

"Well, biology aside, I think I'm going to take this ensemble indeed. A bit on the expensive side, but definitely a worthy investment if the rain continues to grace us with its presence for the next week. And even more so if I end up spending more time in eastern Rokugan as the result of this miai."