D6 MA - Shopping for Gifts (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Aimi

D6 MA - Shopping for Gifts (Open)

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 pm

The afternoon finds Aimi wandering through the streets and alleys of the Artisan's market, one hand very carefully on her coin purse, her eyes scanning the various stalls and booths in search of one selling the right kind of wood and paper for her intended project.

She... wasn't used to this kind of thing. On the road every coin had to be carefully husbanded, every resources saved, and here she was planning on forking out some of her hard-won funds on a frivolous gift. And yet... it wasn't frivolous, was it. Not really. Not when the recipient meant so much to her.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Usogawa Narumi

Re: D6 MA - Shopping for Gifts (Open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:26 pm

She wasn't rich, but Narumi always enjoyed seeing what was available in markets when her riverboat made port, and she rather enjoyed Kyuden Shika's marketplace, so she found herself there again. In a good mood, but thoughtful, she was looking for something for someone, but wasn't sure entirely what it was...
Certain she'd know it when she saw it, she gravitated towards food-like booths, looking for ingredients, maybe.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:16 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:26 pm
She wasn't rich, but Narumi always enjoyed seeing what was available in markets when her riverboat made port, and she rather enjoyed Kyuden Shika's marketplace, so she found herself there again. In a good mood, but thoughtful, she was looking for something for someone, but wasn't sure entirely what it was...
Certain she'd know it when she saw it, she gravitated towards food-like booths, looking for ingredients, maybe.
It is something of a trite cliche, perhaps, but in such a small yet crowded market the outcome might seem almost inevitable. Both samurai reach for the same item at the same time, and there is a moment's confusion and inelegant flailing before they separate again.

"Ah... sorry 'bout that," Aimi says with a sheepish grin, "I let my eagerness get the better of me."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:21 pm

Narumi chuckled lightly. "Ano, it's fine, i apologize as well!" She pulls her hand back also, and regards the woman for a moment.
"This one is Usogawa Narumi. Have you had your rice today? Do you have something particular in mind you're looking for? Perhaps I can help you find it?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:52 am

"Ah, I am named Aimi," the ronin says, bowing briefly to be polite, "And, uh. Well. I was looking for a fan, or perhaps material to make my own. The latter, I think, in truth... something like that would be better than a mere store-bought purchase for making a meaningful gift, wouldn't you say?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Narumi bowed as well, before tucking her hands into her sleeves. "A fan? That seems lovely. Are you an artist? Or looking for patterned fabric? Is it for a man, or woman? What clan? Do you want complimentary colours?" She grilled questions... before catching herself and shaking her head a little.
"I'm sorry. Just I have a bit of experience, if you want a second set of eyes and a helping hand, that is."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:29 pm

"Ah, a man. Of the Phoenix, specifically," Aimi says, coughing slightly as she looks aside. She's aware she probably just identified the recipient with her words, but... well, it cannot be helped. "I was something of an artist once, though I have not had a chance to practice the trade for... some time."

She shakes her head, before blinking as something strikes her. "Oh, but please, do not abandon whatever cause brought you to the market in my favour!"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 pm

"Oh! R-Shiba-san!" her expression morphs from one of friendly neutrality to a decidedly shit-eating grin. "I see, I see." This was interesting.
"Ah, it's fine! I'm not abandoning my search so easily. I'll peruse while we look for you, and then you can help me. Deal?"

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Kheree was walking through the market, not using a umbrella , even if her kimono was covered, and enjoying the rain on her hair , and for a moment a hint of a giggle escaped her as she heard the enthusiasm , together with a guilty look as she looked up from the trader that was selling wooden hair ornaments with carvings, before she failed to pretend it was a cough with a bit of a blush.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 pm
"Oh! R-Shiba-san!" her expression morphs from one of friendly neutrality to a decidedly shit-eating grin. "I see, I see." This was interesting.
"Ah, it's fine! I'm not abandoning my search so easily. I'll peruse while we look for you, and then you can help me. Deal?"
"...oh no. I have seen such smiles before, and they always portend disaster," Aimi says with a sigh, "Perhaps we can pretend I am seeking material for, uh, some other purpose?"