[D6, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Singing Steel [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

[D6, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Singing Steel [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:54 am

Soyokaze had been shining the bell for an hour, the whole market stall was as clean as a lord's reception room. Brand new tatami mats covered the small sitting area and outside wooden planks had been placed to keep the mud out, an extended canopy covering it and half the narrow street. A pot of tea gently simmered and a plate of sweets sat beside it. His hands growing cramped he finally set the bell down on the table before him and covered it with and orange silk square.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D6, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Singing Steel [Expecting]

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:25 pm

The Kaito made her way to the forge. "Asahina sama are you in?" She wore her typical miiko clothes.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:34 pm

Soyokaze bounced up out of his seat to greet his guest, a ball of energy. "Hai, please, come in, welcome Bai-san, I hope you are well today, has Inari-no-kami blessed you?" He offered the shrine maiden a seat.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:59 am

"Hai I hope the same has happened to you."The young lady smiled. "How have you been?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:10 am

"I have been quite well, thank you for asking." No amount of Sincerity could hide the lie. "How have you been? That was an impressive display this morning at the dojo." he poured his guest a some tea and placed the tray sweets in front of her. "Please help yourself."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:19 am

The Kaito glared at the Asahina and then shook her head. "I am well... but could be better." She shook her head again. "I almost killed someone with that first trick shot. That is why I shouldn't show off."
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:54 am

"You still hit far more than most and if no one was harmed then all is well. It could have gone far worse and I believe no one bested you, though I may have left a few minutes early." He took another sip of tea. "I am interested to know how I can help you today but first I want to present you with this."

He withdrew an orange silk covering from the item between them revealing a highly polished bell. The bell was the size of a Hida's fist and the outer skin was copper but the inside was brass. On one side of the bell bore the kanji for Water stamped into it and on the opposite side the Kaito family mon. The handle was a dark, almost black, wood that was lightly lacquered and had a small copper ring in the end with a loop of fine orange silk attached to it for tying to an obi. Beside it lay the bell's clapper and a mallet made of the same materials as the bell.

"I hope you find this acceptable, I know not why but I struggled with this project; I wish it were better for you." he stifled a wince as he lay his hands back down on his lap.

Crafting a brass and copper bell for Oubaihime. | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image
[Opportunity used for detailed craftsmanship}
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:30 am

"Because you were doing it with your heart." She took the bell and examined it. "It's perfect Soyo kun..." The girl placed a hand on her mouth as if she had done something wrong. "I mean... Soyokaze san."
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:35 am

His features radiated warmth and a board smile crossed his face.

“I am overjoyed you like it, I was ready to begin another had you not. I was surprised at how difficult this was, getting the pitch right...I actually had to start with smaller bells and work my way up to this size. In the end I am glad I did it that way as it gave me lots of practice so I could make this.” he reached under the table between them and pulled out another orange silk square that was folded over itself several times. He placed it down before her. “I was happy to make the bell and even happier when I got your reaction to the mirror, which I am still working on. But inspiration struck me, it came as a vision of your hair.” he slowly unfolded the orange silk as he spoke. Within the cloth were a series of small silver bells, twelve in total, linked in strands of four by silk cords in the Phoenix colors all attached to a discrete comb. “It is meant to be woven into your long hair, this way the music is always with you.” he sat back and waited.

bells | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
(Opportunity used on beauty)
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:59 pm

"Asahina sama you shouldn't have... I don't... I don't think I should wear such lovely thing." The Kaito first refusal to his gift.
Smells like flowers