(D5 MA) How Do I Know?

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D5 MA) How Do I Know?

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:54 am

"Unfortunately no, I am not a shugenja. But my eyes are particularly strong for my family. I have the ability to see spirits here on ningen-do that hide from other's sights. So I have learned a fair amount about dealing with them. But I can't speak to the kami. I assist my family with matters of spirits of the other realms, but that is not a frequent thing, so I do paperwork most of the time for my main duty."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 am

"So.... Like a baby shugenja then? Got it. Though, maybe monk or priest would be a bit better. Though, I must admit that I am not envious of you in any way. Paperwork is... Paperwork is an oni I never, ever, want to have to deal with. Ever. It's just so... boring. And neat. And just... no." They shook their head and made a warding symbol like paperwork was some curse that could travel from person to person.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:25 am

"Trust that it's not so great even when you are trained in it. I've gotten in trouble more times than I can count. Running off to go read pillow books or plan the pilgrimage that I'll probably never take," he says with a smirk. "But it's my duty so I still try and get the job done. And what about you?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:46 pm

They arched a brow. "Pilgrimage huh? Where are you hoping to go during all of that then?" Then they blinked. "What about me what? If I ran off from my duty to mess around? A few times, yeah, but thankfully my passion is more or less my duty, so I can get away with hiding in a corner and talking to the stars, claiming it's all part of trying to foresee what's going to happen next."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:28 pm

"Yes, I'd have notes and crude maps back home, that try to plot out a circuitous path around the empire, visiting all of the largest temples to the fortunes, with planned stops at other smaller temples and shrines along that route. The plan ends in the Imperial City with the Temple to Amaterasu there," he says with a nod.

"And it must be nice to have something that you love alongside your work. I'm a bit envious. Unfortunately I can't just sit at my desk and meditate or read a pillow book... looks a bit too much like intentionally avoiding work." His eyes meeting Unsei's show a keen interest as he brings up his next suggestion, "But I would not mind a bit of star gazing with you one night if you are interested. I could stand to learn a bit more about the heavenly bodies."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:31 pm

"I'd say that sounds lovely, which it does, but it also sounds like way too much walking for my taste. I could just see all the blisters now... but! If it works for you then that's all that matters. And it does sound lovely. Getting to view all the temples. I'm sure you'll be able to do it one day! Just... have to plan a bit on how to wiggle out of work long enough for it, or how to get it to be part of your work." Unsei was all about getting out of work, occasionally, and today was no different.

Though, when it came to viewing heavenly bodies, Unsei smirked slyly. "I could tell you about them under the stars one day, and perhaps you could tell me more about the heavenly body I see before me, too." Clearly referring to the Kitsu's own form. "I can't say I've ever seen one quite like it."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:51 pm

The flirtation was well received, though he was definitely still in a non-tumbling-freely frame of mind in general. "I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more from you. I think there is a lot you can teach me." He doesn't look away in embarrassment anyway... in his mind the two of them understood how each other felt about such things after their discussion... so he had become far more relaxed with talking about it. He liked understanding another's opinion.

"Although actual star gazing may be a bit difficult with the rain as it is. Maybe we can just hang some origami stars from a ceiling and appreciate them together?" he suggests playfully.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:29 pm

"I can't say I've got anything I could teach you that others couldn't, but I do have my star charts we could use to see the constellations instead. They aren't as beautiful as the real ones, but they work nonetheless." They said before shrugging. "Though, what of you? Two way teaching streets are always the best, so what are you willing to teach me? I'm always curious to learn more things, you know."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:36 pm

"What can a boring bureaucrat teach that isn't the proper forms and protocol for requesting supplies..." he thinks. "Well, you can teach me about the stars and I can tell you about the myriad of yokai I've dealt with? How about that? Perhaps show some of the scars I've collected from them?"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 pm

"Ooh.. Yokai are always fun and I am ever bound to my duty to learn more about them." Have to know about them to protect the Emperor from them, after all. "This definitely sounds like it could be fun for the both of us. Assuming, of course, that it is still something that you wish to do."