(D5 MA) How Do I Know?

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D5 MA) How Do I Know?

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:32 pm

"As much as I like that proposition, still too risky," she hushed, smirking, "-I think discretion continues to be in our best interest for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:39 pm

"Oh? Where do you recommend then?" Yoshi offers her a lustful gaze. "And when?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Despite knowing better, she just couldn't help herself, and lightly bit her lower lip before answering, "Why don't we make plans to make plans tonight at the inn, say my room?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:20 pm

"Excellent." Yoshi picks out a ribbon from a stall and hold it up to Narumi's braid. "I look forward to scheming with you"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:46 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:30 pm
He nods at that. "Well, I hope to get the chance to visit Otosan Uchi the next time my father goes. I have family I have not seen there, so perhaps I may get the chance. Or maybe duty or new family may take me there more permanently as well. If so, I'll have to ask you to show me around.". He smiled pleasantly.
"Oh, I dont know about asking me to show you around. I rarely spent that much time out in the city. Was too hot for my enjoyment. The lib- uhh.. the common rooms were where I spent most of my time. Was nice and cool there. Though, I do hope you get to see it sometime. It isn't a terrible place. Just a little loud at times."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:20 pm
"Excellent." Yoshi picks out a ribbon from a stall and hold it up to Narumi's braid. "I look forward to scheming with you"
"The pleasure is all mine," she eyes the ribbon with a smile, and raises an eyebrow again, before moving on to another stall.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:46 pm
"Oh, I dont know about asking me to show you around. I rarely spent that much time out in the city. Was too hot for my enjoyment. The lib- uhh.. the common rooms were where I spent most of my time. Was nice and cool there. Though, I do hope you get to see it sometime. It isn't a terrible place. Just a little loud at times."
He raised an eyebrow at that... "So not the library? Why not? Libraries are great? And I am used to loud honestly. The largest Akodo dojo in lion lands is there. So it's always noisy since there's always an actual army worth of students in training."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:38 pm
He raised an eyebrow at that... "So not the library? Why not? Libraries are great? And I am used to loud honestly. The largest Akodo dojo in lion lands is there. So it's always noisy since there's always an actual army worth of students in training."
That sounds just terrible. Way too many people around there, but I suppose I get a bit pampered with that considering that my classes had, at most, twenty students and it was usually silent because everybody was reading." They chuckled some. "Libraries are okay. I wouldn't say they're super cool or anything though. Though, what about you? What exactly were you trained in?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:26 pm

"Specifically? I am an Omoidasu. So courtly arts were the primary focus of my training. But I was also tutored by my father in bureaucracy so that is what my duty is. And besides that, deep studies in spirits and warfare. Since I can observe spirits, that one seemed relatively important," he says with a shrug. "I'm kind of all over the place really."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:39 am

"So... you're a shugenja then?" That was the best they had understood from all of that. "But you're also a courtier with some dabbling in being a bushi?" Warfare wasn't... that great for shugenja to do, Unsei felt, but there were still several who were more martially inclined. Just had to be careful around all that blood.