(D5 MA) How Do I Know?

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D5 MA) How Do I Know?

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:27 pm

"Hai, I much prefered this morning's mystery invitation over yesterday's rather stern notice. At least today's promises cake!" She smirks in return, inclined her head towards the Tortoise, and then takes her gaze downward to look over the table of wares idly.
"And yes, I am well, thank you... There's cake in my near future, after all. Yourself?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:33 pm
He nods at that. It was a fair number of points, but not strong enough to support a change in opinion for Murato. Only strong enough to lead to further thought. "I think that is a fine point. I also can see that. Though we all also follow their guidance in different ways even when we do. The Moshi and the Seppun, I imagine, have very different rites and methods for worshipping Amaterasu-no-kami. So having different viewpoints is not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps one day I'll need to romp just to understand the perspective if nothing else."

Then he grins.

"Please take good care of me so I don't get too lost on that day."
"Then you better have plans to be around here when you have your romp. I can't exactly take good care of you from Otosan Uchi, which is where I'm returning after all of this." If there was any other meaning to what Murato said, it went right over Unsei's head unfortunately.

"And this is true. We all worship differently or with variations even on the ritual, yet the effect is still the same. Different viewpoints also isn't a bad thing, but sometimes there are moments in which all need to share the same one. Rare they are, however, but important for the greater good of the Empire."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:30 pm

He nods at that. "Well, I hope to get the chance to visit Otosan Uchi the next time my father goes. I have family I have not seen there, so perhaps I may get the chance. Or maybe duty or new family may take me there more permanently as well. If so, I'll have to ask you to show me around.". He smiled pleasantly.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:27 pm
"Hai, I much prefered this morning's mystery invitation over yesterday's rather stern notice. At least today's promises cake!" She smirks in return, inclined her head towards the Tortoise, and then takes her gaze downward to look over the table of wares idly.
"And yes, I am well, thank you... There's cake in my near future, after all. Yourself?"
Yoshi's expression becomes unreadable for a moment, if not from a lack of emotions from a number of competing ones

" Oh, I was annoyed, but true to form, I've come around. My teacher instilled a hard lesson: "Nursing grudges inherently has its cost. Therefore, if you're going to do so, make sure that you're profiting from it. My..lesson has imparted some new life"

The edges of Yoshi's lips twitch. " Hopefully I can show you soon"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:16 pm

"Hai... When we hold onto grudges and resentment, it's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick, as the saying goes. I recoiled and licked my wounds, and today I'm living in the present," Narumi offered a wide smile in return to his twitch.
"Hopefully..." she agrees, confirming she harbours no ill feelings towards him for what happened.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:46 pm

"Ha!" Yoshi grins. "The trick is to get them to drink it and thank you for it." He pauses. "I think we had different lessons"

He clears his throat "Have you found any misdeeds to set right?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:56 pm

A manicured eyebrow ticked upwards and she laughed. "I think we might need to engage in some unsanctioned investigations of our own."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:05 pm

"I thought we did those already" Yoshi waggles an eyebrow. "Wait, do you mean an unsanctioned investigation or unsanctioned investigations? Because I think there are depths yet to plumb"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Another laugh, and she leaned in dangerously close to Yoshi then, "We did! But there are further investigations to be had, don't you agree? Though perhaps in a more private setting... despite the merits of the thrill of getting caught, I think we've both been tempered? At least, until the heat dies down some."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:19 pm

"I thought that I was being careful." Yoshi looks around "It would appear that the reputation for discretion was not the same as what is known back home. It's something to remedy in the future."

With Narumi so close he drops her voice. " Well, someone has already taken the reputation for the first pairing. After that, I am not sure who will care so. Unless you would like some place to clean up...the baths? "