(D5 MA) How Do I Know?

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

(D5 MA) How Do I Know?

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Murato was under an umbrella in the rain. His kimono was fully soaked through anyway, but that was just becoming normal at this point. The rain was really becoming a nuisance. He looked for something to occupy his mind or distract him from between his meetings.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Re: (D5 MA) How Do I Know?

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Unsei was out and about in the market, searching for new gemstones to add to their ever growing collection. Gemstones that, they hopped, could be use to divine whatever might be going on this the rain, because at this point, they were going to flood. Rain that was also thankfully mostly kept off of them because of their hat that rarely ever left their head.

However, their quest for shiny rocks was ended when they saw another samurai. Their instinct to be annoying kicked in and they immediately made a beeline for him. "Hello!" They said cheerily before bowing. "How are you?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:50 pm

He is surprised by the sudden and cheery ambush from the Imperial, but keeps enough of his wits to offer a proper bow. "I'm doing... well to be honest I'm doing pretty great at the moment," he says, having come from spending time with Bai-chan and looking forward to spending time with Yasu-san. It was kind of a lull in a perfect afternoon. So she had caught him in an even more particularly pleasant moment.

"And how are you, Seppun Unsei-sama?" he asks, forcing himself to recall the name from the temple a few days back. He had a kind of bright smile that clashed with the dreary, muggy and hot rain.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:12 pm

Being almost the embodiment of some sort of trickster gremlin, Unsei smirked widely and almost a bit knowingly at the lulling Kitsu.

"I see. Somebody's getting some, ey? Good for you! Though yeah, I'm doing good as well, Kitsu Murato-san." They weren't entirely sure why they were saying each others full names, but far be it from Unsei to not just go with the flow.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:26 pm

It had been more of a means of making sure he had remembered and offering a greeting. With his memory, it paid to repeat things from time to time. The mention of getting some gets a bit of a blush from him though.

"Not... that Seppun-sama. Nothing so intimate," he replied, then fires back a little. "But if you are interested, I wouldn't mind getting some with you?" he suggests pointing to a shop that sold snacks.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm

"And here I was excited that I'd be getting an afternoon romp." They shook their head, though with the smile on their face, it was all in playful jest. "I wouldn't mind something to snack on. I'm sure the dango here is great. Oooh... or maybe melonpan? Or yakitori... I could utterly devour some yakitori... "

Then they glanced over to him. "Though blush on your face says things a bit different though, but heh... maybe you just want to get lucky. I'm sure you will though. Handsome Lion and such."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:31 pm

"Well, this one would hardly be able to deny any requests that you might have," he says, pleasantly cheerful, but also leaving it ambiguous if he was talking about food or afternoon romps. But the blush did not immediately fade so it was at least clear the innuendo was on purpose. His actual flirting tended to be more complimentary rather than suggestive, so it was a bit more forward than he might usually be. But he seemed to be in the mood to be so bold in conversation.

Moving towards a different but still close shop that served yakitori... it was convenient that shops like this congregated in markets... he walked through the open door and lowered his umbrella.

"But I suppose that someone providing that luck I might get would have to find me to be handsome... and I'd need to be of a similar opinion to want to accept that luck," he says with a grin. That light blush just will not recede if he keeps this up.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:44 pm

"Oh pfffh. You could decline them if you wish. Snacks arent the sort of thing you force someone into." They shook their head, but followed him to the stall. The smell of cooking food made their mouth water, but they tried to keep their focus on the conversation at hand rather than getting side tracked with something better than a romp.

"This is true. Mutual attraction is typically how these things work, but, riddle me this, Kitsu-san... what do you do if someone has no attraction to the physical appearance, yet they are is still willing to give that luck?" They chuckled. "If they just think that it'll be a good time?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:01 pm

"Not all attraction is physical at the beginning. But I suspect that if a person truly appreciates the qualities of another, physical attraction can follow. I'm not inclined to men, so I would question whether I could make a husband happy. But I'd bet that if I found one to be stimulating in other than physical ways I might be inclined to enjoy such a relationship in the physical as well. And if it's just for a good time, I am honestly less inclined. I would not wish to spend a night with the most beautiful woman if I don't expect to connect emotionally. I'd rather be with someone that I find interesting and who finds me interesting."

He got a bit wordy... and realized it too late. But he also lost the blush as well. Discussion of intimacy was apparently much more comfortable than suggestion of it to Murato.

Also, he was hungry he realized, so he stepped up to purchase some yakitori for both of them, getting a few different options and giving Unsei the first pick.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Unsei thought on that a moment, listening to what he said. "So you want an emotional connection for a romp in the bushes? Either way I suppose another question would be then, do you go around making sure that a person is interested in you physically before you sleep together? As you said that if they don't feel a physical attraction to you, you then want to make sure they're interesting." Unsei... didn't really care either way. At this point, they were doing it to be mildly annoying more than actually curious in how the Kitsu found their partners.

When offered a stick though, they shook their head. "You bought them, you pick the first one out. They all look delicious though, so I dont envy your position. It's a difficult one by all means."