[D4LM] Reconnaissance

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D4LM] Reconnaissance

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:37 am

"Like arrows that suddenly change course in the air to strike at the heart of your enemies from impossible angles? Arrows that hit with so much force they can smash open a sealed gate? Arrows that transform into poisonous snakes on impact? Arrows that hit once yet inflict seven wounds?

They are a lot of legends about such arrows in the Sands, especially near the Ivory Kingdoms. But I've never seen any with my own eyes."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:48 am

"My master can do that... I can currently imbue an arrow that pushes back your enemies with the force of a tornado." She sighed. "You have many stories to tell don't you, Unicorn sama?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:49 pm

"Not nearly as many as I have to learn. One of the duties of the traveler is to share the stories from where they're from, and to listen to the stories from where they stand. Otherwise, how people on one side of the world would know about what happens on the other side?"

She smiled:

"So, I'm listening. Tell me more about these tempest arrows and what they're used for. I guess for a pacifist clan as the Phoenix, war is not their supposed primary use?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:04 pm

"We are spirit hunters... try to keep the land clean of those spirits from the Chaos realm." She nodded. "We must stay in a peaceful state of mind for if our clan was to use their full potencial... the land would be barren... I am not bragging just stating that if every shugenja in the Phoenix did not had a moral compass... chaos would ensue..." The Kaito sighed. "Like a very powerful hanabi. Some clans think we are weak for having such way of life."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:21 pm

"Oh, it's not a criticism, on the contrary.

The Ivindi people have many tales about asking their gods some miracle, being given exactly what they asked for, and regretting it extremely afterward.

One of such tales is about acquiring an arrow infused with the power of their most angry god. The arrow turns out to be strong enough to destroy the world if fired, and from that point onward they must resist the temptation of using it even if the most dire of circumstances.

Though they might actually fire it in the end in that tale, I don't remember exactly... Ivindi culture is full of stories about the world being destroyed and remade, it's not as much of a big deal for them as it is for us.

Well, anyway, just saying I'm not criticizing you for not using such power against humans. I'm however quite curious about what kind of spirits would require such tremendous force to be defeated. A super giant bird maybe? I've heard they are some in the mountains north of the Phoenix."

---

D4MA | Agenda targeting Kaito Oubaihime | Theology (Fire) | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

2Opportunity symbol: Nothing to do but fluff with them

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:36 pm

"You mean Hou Hou? It is the legendary bird that lives in the mountains. I think it is sleeping... It will awaken the right moment." She explained "Those leyends of the lands away from Rokugan seem to be oddly interesting." The Kaito smiled.
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:50 am

"I'm not yet aware of the specifics though I would want to. Shiba Raizo just told me he's sometimes seen giant birds on the other side of the border."

Mitsuki smiled:

"I might be cherry-picking the best for you, but that's the advantage of listening to a lot of them: You'll eventually find one that is really good.

Since you live in an important place of pilgrimage yourself, you must have heard quite a few from travelers yourself no? Or is the Water Dragon not that popular outside Phoenix lands?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 am

"Travelers come and go... like yourself they go with the flow. They bring stories about how their trips around the mountains have been extraneous or how they fought and gotten their wounds. Some stories seem too fantastical others dull and plain. Part of being a medic who treats the heart and soul."
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:27 pm

"Yeah, I guess being a traveler does not automatically make you a good storyteller. Some people have the most interesting lives and yet are unable to retell them in a way that makes them feel boring to oblivion.

Actually, what kind of place is the Water Dragon temple? From the name and some of the things you've said, I'm imagining a mix between a traditional temple and a clinic next to rejuvenating hot springs... But that's just my imagination going wild for the most part. What's the truth?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:57 pm

"You are quite right. It is a mix of a clinic and a traditional temple. It is devoted to the water dragon. Its decoration is many of fountains and baths. It is a place of healing and of training future monks and water shugenja of the Phoenix clan and those who wish to learn the way of the Water Dragon."
Smells like flowers