[D4LM] Reconnaissance

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D4LM] Reconnaissance

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:45 pm

"All pieces seem to fit perfectly to compose a place of peace, healing and water magic.

... Except for one. I'm having a hard time adding archery to the picture. It's very much an air-themed activity, not a water-based one. Do you need to go the Air Dragon temple to practice?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:35 pm

"It may be a air activity but one must follow the flow of wind and understand that to defend the temple we use the bow. I know hand to hand combat techniques if necessary as well." She explained. "We don't have to but the main dojo of the Kaito is in Kyuden Isawa."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:59 pm

"Understandable. Even a true master at hand-to-hand combat will find themselves in a pinch when outnumbered. A good archer can disable by themselves tenth and tent of assailants on a favorable ground. The bow is simply the best weapon when defending a fortified position.

Though it also does wonders when used for a swift offensive from horseback. It's just a good weapon in absolute."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:05 pm

"I have never ridden a horse... It looks quite... fun." She smiled. "But yes the distance advantage then to strike when the enemy is close is basically the idea of combat tactics."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:22 pm

"Never?"

Mitsuki looked at the Kaito has she had just told her she did not breath.

"Like, not even a pony? A mule maybe?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:57 pm

"None... I walk to my destination... that is why I don't go far. Horses and mules are difficult transports in the mountains." The Kaito shrugged.
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 pm

"I thought the Dragon had engineered a breed of horses specifically designed for the mountains? Short on legs but very stable on them? Doesn't the Phoenix have some too?

Like you said, on foot, one can only go so far in that big, big world."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 am

"I came here in a caravan but I didn't ride the horse. As for the pony in Dragon and Phoenix land made for mountains I am yet to ride those." She nodded. "I know that is why I haven't traveled much this place is the southern most place I have visited."
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:04 am

"And now that you've learned of the joys of traveling, I guess you're eager to explore the world even more? Even more to the south maybe? Seeing the sea on the east perhaps? The great forest in the west possibly?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:55 pm

"Ah hai... I would love to continue traveling. Specially if I continue to make so many new friends." The Kaito smiled. "Oh that sound really lovely. Visiting the sea, or visiting the forest... oh Kitsune mori would be such a great location to visit! Oh my so many places." The girl mind wandered.
Smells like flowers