[D4, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Boiling Rain [Open]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

[D4, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Boiling Rain [Open]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Location Description: Inside a small stall at the far end of the artisan's market lives Soyokaze's temporary forge. A pair of cushions sit upon a single tatami mat just inside the stall's curtains, a small table for taking tea sits to one side. A waist high shelf covered in tool serves as a divider between the "reception area" and the heart of the forge. A number of unfinished pieces of varying quality sit about the space, while others are obscured by silk covers. A peg on one of the support beams holds Soyokaze's kimono when he is working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Will this damned rain never cease?" Soyokaze grumbled, the mornings failure still stung. He tossed aside his tongs and grabbed a towel. His skin was deeply flushed from the heat and exertion, the jumble of pale scars on his back standing out more than ever. "This is what I imagined the weather was like in the mantis Isles, not an inland forest." Steam was rising from his chest as he took a deep swig of water and sighed.

Edit: Added location description.
Last edited by Asahina Soyokaze on Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D3, EA](Soyokaze's Forge) Boiling Rain [Expecting]

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:58 pm

The Kaito arrived at the forge of the Asahina. "Yokatta he is here." She whispered to herself. "Anoooo... Asahina sama..." The Phoenix girl called.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 pm

Soyokaze instinctively reached for his kimono upon hearing a voice calling him then suddenly darted in the other direction, throwing a cloth over something on a table. He then turned to face his visitor as his attendant handed him the kimono and he hastily donned it. Kaito Oubaihime-sama, w-welcome to my humble forge, please enter and be welcome, I will bring some tea." He turned to his assistant. "Please do something about the heat in here for our guest."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:21 pm

She bowed to the Asahina. "I hope Inari has blessed you this day." The Kaito smiled. "I am wondering if you take requests."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:32 pm

"I would be honored to assist you in any way, thank you for thinking of me." he said, bowing.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:40 pm

"Can you... I mean do not wish to impose... you must have lots of work and really... I wonder if... you can make this one a small bell." The Kaito went shy.
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm

"A bell? Certainly, I would be honored. This is for your temple duties, or perhaps something to wear?" His eyes glazed over and his smile grew while he imagined something for just a moment.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:55 pm

"A bit of both... I wish to have something more permanent to tribute to the air kami... This morning I had to improvise and sing. I just needed a feather but looking for one in the rain is not really... easy."
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:55 pm
"A bit of both... I wish to have something more permanent to tribute to the air kami... This morning I had to improvise and sing. I just needed a feather but looking for one in the rain is not really... easy."
"If that was you improvising then I would love to hear you sing with purpose because it was beautiful. I had never...it's like I was seeing the temple in a whole new light, everything felt different and I was able to center myself far easier. I have not known much peace since arriving here, for helping me find it I promise my all in this task."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:15 pm

"Anooo... I did try my best." The Kaito shied. "Do you play any instrument Crane sama?"
Smells like flowers