[D4, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D4, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm

"I would be honored to maintain this, would you like to watch?"
Last edited by Asahina Soyokaze on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D3, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:05 pm

Koi looked outside, and at her tea. "I could think of nothing else more appealing than that." She said honestly. "Could you teach me?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Without his even asking Soyokaze's assistant steps forward and produces an old and ornate set of tool on a low table, placing it before him then stepping back. "Thank you Hameko-san" What happens next seemed ritualistic to the Asahina. he took what appeared to be a long crane feather and ran one of it's sides down the full length of the blades edge, fine hairs rained down upon his work area as the blade expertly cut them from the feather. He placed the feather back on the table, lowered the blade to the table surface and began to work.

"Whoever gifted this to you held you in the highest esteem, a work of this quality took someone a very long time to make. This is the sort of blade a Daimyo would formally present to someone receiving their own vassal family name. If it is not too forward i love to hear the tale that earned you such a thing."

Soyokaze imagined some act of noble heroism as he lightly worked the blade.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:01 am

Koi didn't answer at first, she considered her story for a moment but couldn't decide the best way of putting it. "It was from a bushi that I was fond of for some years, in those years she poured her heart into that blade honing it's edge. Filling it with her passion, her love and hopes. Our relationship did not come to be, and she was destined to go one a different route than I after spending four years together inseparable depending upon one another as we travelled across the lands acting and performing with the troupe I was part of."

Koi took a moment to say softly. "We ended it, and she presented me with the blade as a memorial to our time we spent together. We learnt a great deal within that time, experienced a lot of...new...things together but a marriage was not suitable for my clan between us."

D4 LA: Telling a story. Fire/Performance. tn 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
1Opportunity symbol used to make the story very passionate if not embarrassing.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Soyokaze was silent for a long time after the Moth's story ended, a mix of focus and confusion written on his face. From time to time a bit of his tongue would stick out as he worked on something more difficult. After what felt like a lifetime to Soyokaze he set down his tools and let out a long exhale and relaxed his neck and shoulders.

"I am sorry Kaigoka Koi-sama, I was supposed to explain what I was doing and help you learn, in that I have failed you. This was a difficult blade to work on and I thank you for giving me the chance too, I truth the blade was already nearly perfect already. Most of what I was doing was simply trying not to cause any damage to the blade, it is a work far beyond my current skill to craft and I would never forgive myself if I did it harm. It is clean and polished now, the only...flaw I suppose was a small fleck of the saya that had gotten stuck under the tsuba." he holds up a tiny splinter smaller than a grain of rice. "You have done a great job of caring for this sword, again thank you for letting me touch it. I have just started work on a new sword, it is...not intended to be used in combat but purely as art but if it would interest you I would gladly welcome you back to witness the process of honing the blade from nothing properly instruct you. This piece was so fine that I had to give it my total focus. Again I apologize."

He bowed sincerely and offered the Moth back her blade. "You are very lucky to have had such a strong connection with someone, thank you for sharing your story with me."
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Koi did not look away once, nor did she speak. Each moment, each stroke of a whetstone, each motion of the Asahina was carefully studied as she remained transfixed. Her Jade eyes bright and focused, her mind absorbing the craft and filling it away with other bits of information that she held onto.

She was prestine, beautiful even as she sits still as a statue barelt breathing and alert.

Most bushi might show passing curiousity, women might feign interest but Koi absorbed it. She enjoyed every moment she had and when the session end there was a moment of sadness as she bowed low. Placing her head upon her hands in respect.

"Asahina-sama, you honour me beyond words that I can express. Thank you." Rising up she allowed a smile that could kill a man a mile away with a heart conditon and this close up it was more potent. "Yes, please I would enjoy to learn."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:09 pm

Soyokaze seemed to melt a little under the Moth's gaze. "Please, call me Soyokaze, this one is beneath such formality. A-Are you having a fruitful Miai?"
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Koi quirked a smile, and rose. "Ah, perhaps Soyokaze-sama for now? " Koi paused. "Perhaps Soyo-san?" She teased, allowing a mirthful smile play across her lips.

"You may call me Koi, if that is the case." She said softly, fluttering her eyes.

"It has been filled with new experiences, and meeting new clans that I have never had the pleasures to enjoy time with. But, who shall be my betrothed? I have no idea." She said softly. "How about you, Soyo-san?"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:41 am

Soyokaze turned his head down sheepishly. "We have only just meet but it would be an honor for someone to deem me worthy. Surely you have no end to your suitors." Soyokaze felt an uneasy heat rising in his chest. "How do you feel about potentially leaving your home for another land?"
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:21 am

Koi thought for a moment before allowing a small shrug to roll from her shoulder. "I do quite well for myself, I expect but the prospect of leaving home does not bother me. I am excited for the trip, the change and the experience."

Koi raised her cup to sip before placing it down. "And yourself, Soyo-san?"