[D4, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

[D4, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:48 am

Location Description: Inside a small stall at the far end of the artisan's market lives Soyokaze's temporary forge. A pair of cushions sit upon a single tatami mat just inside the stall's curtains, a small table for taking tea sits to one side. A waist high shelf covered in tool serves as a divider between the "reception area" and the heart of the forge. A number of unfinished pieces of varying quality sit about the space, while others are obscured by silk covers. A peg on one of the support beams holds Soyokaze's kimono when he is working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing louder than the rain was the sound of Soyokaze’s hammer. He had blundered massively presenting his haiku and he was taking it out on steel, and himself. He plunged the metal ingot back into the coals.

“Hotter Hameko-san, it must be hotter or it will crack when folding. When will this damn rain stop it’s starting to pool around the base of the stall.”

He was trying, almost desperately, to find something to be angry at when he was really only mad at himself, his voice the roar of a lion cub. He tossed aside his hammer and tongs and began to towel off, thinking some tea might calm him but knowing what he really needed was stronger. Perhaps later he would indulge. For now he donned his kimono and prepared a new pot of his usual blend.

Edit: Added location description.
Last edited by Asahina Soyokaze on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D3, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Expecting]

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 am

The Moth fluttered under an umbrella that took the rain the best it could, and the poor girl normally a beauty to behold looked about as unimpressed in the situation with the weather as perhaps the Crane is with his performance. "Ah Asahina-sama!" Koi said politely, she stood looking far more like a bushi today than her typical shugenja appearance with the beautiful and rather mysterious blade that she wore on her side.

"An artisan I was hoping was around in the market." She said warmly bowing. "This one is Kaikoga Koi, of the Moth Clan. A pleasure."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:15 am

Soyokaze turned and bowed at the sound of the voice. "An honor to meet you Kaikoga Koi-sama, I am Asahina Soyokaze, please enter and be welcome the weather is rather unagreeable today would you like some tea?" His eye's wandered to the blade but quickly went back to the woman's face and he smiled. Please, have seat. Hameko-san, douse the fire and open the rear flap so we can get some air in here." Soyokaze gestured to a seat as he brought over a tea set and sat down opposite his guest.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:56 am

Koi smiled warmly, if not a bit sodden regardless of what she did to try and remain dry. "Ah, an honour to meet you Asahina-sama."

Koi stepped into the room, a faint soft smile upon her face as she down and offered to pour the tea for the Asahina first. "Yes, please the tea would be delightful after the morning I have had. I enjoyed your poem this morning." Koi said politely, and gave him a smile that could fuel a thousand fires for a thousand years that warmed any room that it might enter or freeze the most frozen of Bushi's hearts. "After a few days, it does get a bit weary but the air kami are quite evidently having fun with the Water kami with this much rain."

"It is a beautiful forge you have here." She said politely.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D3, LA](Soyokaze's Forge) Raging Fires [Closed]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:30 pm

"Thank for your kind words, I apologize for not staying to hear your poem, the weather is wreaking havoc on my plans today; far too humid for metalworking and I knew I would need extra time today. Even with that it has not gone well." Soyokaze rolled his shoulders in an effort to relax. "I see you have a katana with you Kaikoga koi-sama, forgive my my presumption for we have only just met but I thought you were a shugenja. Rare is the priest who openly carries one." He was struggling to decide what to focus on, the maiden or the blade.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Koi gave him a warm chuckle, her jade eyes alluring but kind as she glanced around the space. "By the kami what I would do to have a space back at home for wood working like this." She mused at herself before coming back to focus.

"It is okay, a poem missed is not the end of the world it is fine. Honestly." She said with a smile waving his apology off. "I barely remembered being there let alone performing."

Koi nodded. "Hai, a gift from a friend. I was part of an acting Troupe for a spell and spent 4 years with them on the road, it was hard work and a lot of backbreaking labour." Koi sounded like she loved every second of it. "The daughter of the leader presented me this, she made it. It is called unoriginally I know- Lantern of the Moth but I am fond of it."

She offered it out for him to inspect, the scabbard started at the tip with silver that fluttered and wrapped turning into dozens of moths that fly towards the hilt across a sea of lilacs.

"I came to seek a request. I would be appalled with myself if I did not seek out a Crane artisan while I am here." She said simply. "Would you be willing to sharpen the blade? It is not often used but I have been training as of late, and I wish for it to remain in good condition in case I am required to use it."

"By the kami I hope I dont." She said with a smile.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Soyokaze deftly produced a pair of gloves from within one of his sleeves and quickly donned them before accepting the Moth's blade with a bow. "Thank you for your trust." He said formally. His eyes darted across the saya, tusba and handle before carefully drawing the blade. His mouth dropped open, his like that of a child. "Thi-this is a masterpiece." Was all he could bring himself to say. From the back of the market stall his young attendant could not help but stand and steal a glance, forgetting the etiquette of privacy.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Koi blushed and sat quietly, confused. Koi made no attempt to stop the attendee solely because understands how it is to learn something or see something new.

She sipped her tea. "Is it?" She asked. "I am afraid, I do not know much about katanas as I am only learning but it was a gift provided to me by a lov- a friend of mine as a token. Her name was June."

"Please explain, how is it a masterpiece?" She asked curiously.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Soyokaze stuck one finger out, the blade balanced upon it. " Whoever made this is a master, the balance of the blade is so far back it's nearly to the saya, so there is more weight behind the cut. It doesn't rock or sway on my finger so the bend in the blade is incredibly smooth. The wave of the cutting edge is pure art as is the tsuba and the wood under the pommel wrapping feels strong but not ungiving. Ash?" Soyokaze looked up from the item of wonder to meet the Moth's gaze, respect radiated off of him.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:56 pm

"Walnut." Koi said softly. "It is a crossbreed that exists within my village, a variant to the normal strand. It is my favourite wood. It carves like snow against a sharp chisle."

Koi nodded and smile. "I am glad it has your acknowledgement then. June-chan shall be pleased to know an Asahina shows appreciation to her work it would her such pride."

I will never see her again. She is gone. Fuck her. Koi thought sadly and then bitterly.

"I ask again, would you honour me by maintaining the edge?" She asked bowing, deeply.

"I do not have much money to pay but I can do some solid woodwork if you have anything you required doing?" She offered, not really knowing this works.