[D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Being used to this sort of treatment, and perhaps because so, being oblivious to his own actions, Hikimasu's dead eyes didn't show any of the rather inexplicably intense ouch he felt from Unsei in that moment.

...now what do I do?

He stood there watching, obviously having ruined everything.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Nesshin, for his part, knows better than to try to dissuade a person as set on things as Unsei is on leaving, but merely bows and says "Carry the Fortunes" to them as they stalk off. And maybe that'll be better, he thinks.

He turns to Hikimasu, raises an eyebrow.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm

The eyebrow was raised in return, but he couldn't say anything.

What was this? He tried to use logic and failed, he can't communicate what he thinks. He grumbled internally. Things had been fine, going well over all with everyone...but this just showed him that it was all a fluke really.

"Maybe...I'll send them some flowers", he said, thinking aloud.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:20 pm

"That might be a start," Nesshin muses. "But it won't be enough, to be sure. Not on its own.3

"The question is," he adds, adopting what he thinks is a magisterial attitude, "or the questions are 'What resolution do you seek?' and 'What will it take to achieve it?' Quite a puzzle, really, and worth investigating."

It is effective enough.

~~~~~
Agenda roll, https://sakkaku.org/rolls/566, success at 3Success symbol0Opportunity symbol1Strife symbol
+2 Agenda Points
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:23 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:20 pm
"That might be a start," Nesshin muses. "But it won't be enough, to be sure. Not on its own.3

"The question is," he adds, adopting what he thinks is a magisterial attitude, "or the questions are 'What resolution do you seek?' and 'What will it take to achieve it?' Quite a puzzle, really, and worth investigating."
"I don't know", he answered the first. "I don't care", he answered the second. Though of course it could be taken as being flippant about the matter.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:45 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:23 pm
"I don't know", he answered the first. "I don't care", he answered the second. Though of course it could be taken as being flippant about the matter.
"Then work on the first first, I'd recommend," Nesshin says. "But be wary of the answer to the second; not caring leads to many things, few of which do anyone any good in the end--and I'd hate to see no good done."

He smiles sadly, sketches a short bow. "I'll hope to hear you play your flute sometime."

/exit unless stopped

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:24 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
"Then work on the first first, I'd recommend," Nesshin says. "But be wary of the answer to the second; not caring leads to many things, few of which do anyone any good in the end--and I'd hate to see no good done."

He smiles sadly, sketches a short bow. "I'll hope to hear you play your flute sometime."

/exit unless stopped
"Stay well until next time", he said.

The Scorpion returned the bow and considered Nesshin's words. Part of him was angry, but not even at Unsei or himself.

Still, it's not proper to curse a fortune.

He groaned and went looking for the Seppun.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:48 am

Unsei was about halfway across the market at this point, and appeared calmer, but that was likely because he didn't want to be an ass to the merchants just because he was upset and oh so close to strifing out. He was buying mochi, like he had set out to do originally.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:32 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:48 am
Unsei was about halfway across the market at this point, and appeared calmer, but that was likely because he didn't want to be an ass to the merchants just because he was upset and oh so close to strifing out. He was buying mochi, like he had set out to do originally.
The Scorpion stalked his target. It seemed they were in a false zen.

So not angry at the world, just at me. Perfect?

He felt great trepidation in approaching, but some things a man has pride about, like not knowing what the hell they did to make someone that angry out of nowhere?

(Narrator: It was not out of nowhere.)

Hikimasu waited. If nothing else, he could bow low and beg for forgiveness. That usually worked on people like his Taisa, Chui, Gunso...why are all the officers in his unit pretty women?

He slouched and rubbed his face. This was clearly Benten's fault, even this.

'old on now...so does that mean Unsei really is a girl?

That didn't matter right then, they were a Seppun and upset due to his actions. The other thing could wait. He decided to approach.

"Red bean is the best mochi", he maintained. "I could buy some and share it if you haven't already", he offered.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:52 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:32 am
"Red bean is the best mochi", he maintained. "I could buy some and share it if you haven't already", he offered.
Unsei completely ignored Hikimasu until after they had finished speaking with the mochi merchant. Still haven't yet bought anything, but at least with a lul in the conversation with the woman, Unsei was able to give some attention to the Scorpion. However, when he turned around, he was practically staring daggers at the Scorpion.

"Out of all of the things on my list of things I want to do, sharing mochi with you isn't on there."

Isn't on there anymore, anyway.

"Now. I say this again. You've made your point. We have no further need to interact so I suggest you leave me be." As he spoke, there was the soft clacking of stones as he rolled a few of his divination stones in his hand. It was a soothing motion for him, even if he couldn't ask the stars anything at this particular moment.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."