[D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shika Nesshin

Re: [D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Nesshin nods to the Shosuro's response. But then Unsei is addressed, and, well, it'd be rude for him to interrupt that particular exchange.

Probably not entirely polite to watch it closely, either, but it is in the market and all, so...
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:34 pm

"Oh? This? Yes. Hah. I felt like this would be nice to go around looking as today. Tomorrow I plan to go around looking like a woman. It's nice." He said, keeping his voice deeper than normal, but there were still a few cracks here and there.

Out of all the things I saw happening when I visited the market, this wasn't one of them? Stars, you bastards.

If anyone looked close enough, it wouldn't be difficult to see that the upper lip hairs and the illusion of a sharper jawline was all thanks to make up.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:34 pm
If anyone looked close enough, it wouldn't be difficult to see that the upper lip hairs and the illusion of a sharper jawline was all thanks to make up.
And that the shoulders and torso were due to padding.

Hikimasu nodded. "It's quite dashing", he said. Of course, he was sounding polite and with his dead eyes it came off badly. Like someone being sarcastic. He bowed again to Nesshin. "Shika-san, I keep going across you, I'm going to start thinking you're following me. Do you know Seppun-sama well yet?"

Did he infer something? Those steady eyes don't say much.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:40 pm

"Admittedly, Shosuro-san," Nesshin replies, "I do live here."

And I thought you were following me.

"I've had the honor of making the acquaintance of Seppun-kyuuseika," he adds. "I found their company quite enjoyable."

A wink at the Seppun follows.

~~~~~
Do either of you mind if I agenda roll at you before day-flip happens? I remain open to having the same aimed at me.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:40 pm
Do either of you mind if I agenda roll at you before day-flip happens? I remain open to having the same aimed at me.
(fire away, i might reply at you both in my next post)
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:58 pm

Oh. So this is what getting shot with an arrow feels like.

Unsei seemed to be doing decently until the sarcastic comment on his appearance. The Seppun wasn't meek by any means and usually would've brushed such things off, but... emotions. Such terrible bastards. Especially considering all of the compliments they had told the Shosuro before. Getting slapped with a sarcastic one after all of that was definitely painful.

"I, um... I just remembered that there's something I need to go do. Secret astrologer stuff. Yeah. That. The stars and all." He said, shoulders a bit slumped. "I should go." He bowed to the two.

(Agenda rollin is fine with me)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:02 pm

Somewhere, a bird chirps.

"Is it something with which I can be of service, Seppun-kyuuseika?" Nesshin asks. "I'd be happy to help if I can."

His face shows his concern openly.

I really did enjoy your company, and not only because...

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:05 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:58 pm
Oh. So this is what getting shot with an arrow feels like.

Unsei seemed to be doing decently until the sarcastic comment on his appearance. The Seppun wasn't meek by any means and usually would've brushed such things off, but... emotions. Such terrible bastards. Especially considering all of the compliments they had told the Shosuro before. Getting slapped with a sarcastic one after all of that was definitely painful.

"I, um... I just remembered that there's something I need to go do. Secret astrologer stuff. Yeah. That. The stars and all." He said, shoulders a bit slumped. "I should go." He bowed to the two.
As someone who had actually been shot by an arrow, Hikimasu could relate.

"Seppun-sama, there's no need to leave", he said. Honestly I can't let you go out on that note, whatever is bothering you, like the last time. He looked at Nesshin again, then back to Unsei.

Wait, last time they left me alone with a woman, and now they're trying to do the same with this Shika? What is going on with this person? Is this some kind of wing-man service? I came over to talk to Unsei...

"Honestly? I don't know if it suits you, but you did a good job", he told Unsei. "The make up is well done, I just don't understand what you're doing, I suppose. Is it for an event of some kind or is it for fun?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Nesshin looks back and forth between the two.

There's clearly some tension here, he thinks. Are they enamored?

"Perhaps I should be the one to excuse myself," he offers. You two clearly have something to work out.

D11+, has a second fan.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Unsei sat there silently, taking in the words of both men and with the Shosuro's last statement...

He took a breath and drew himself to his full height, getting rid of the slouching, as he looked first to Nesshin. "There's little you can do to help me, Shika-san, but I appreciate the offer. And no, you should not be the one to leave as I am instead doing it. I've spent enough time here and I've other things to do than waste my time getting insulted by a Scorpion."

His gaze fell finally to HIkimasu. The normally sweet face was little more than angry at this moment, though their eyes gave hints of the hurt they felt. "I didn't ask for your opinion on how I've presented myself today and I'm not here to be insulted by you when you were the one who approached me. But, fine. I understand it. You've made your point, Shosuro-san. You didn't like the compliments and so to show your displeasure with them, and my giving them to you, that you've now taken it upon yourself to underhandedly insult my appearance in revenge. So, I will do my damnedest to never say another nice word to you or about you again and if I could take back those compliments I gave you, I would, but I am a samurai and I will own my words, just as you will own yours and their sarcastic nature." The words were said without venom, but were still heavy and serious.

With that being said, Unsei turned and walked off.

Granted, he'd still be able to sort of hear if anybody called him or tried to speak with him, but he definitely wasn't taking a casual scroll to get away.