[D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Seppun Unsei

[D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Unsei, with a surprising grace, slipped and weaved through the crowds of the market with a smile and nods. Today, he appeared more masculine with a sharper jawline, boarder shoulders, and even a few hairs on his top lip, all thanks to make up and stuffing, but the effect was there regardless.

As always, his hat kept both the rain and what sun was there off of him as he danced his way around, keeping a keen eye out for any mochi or confection stands.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D3, LA, Open] Stocking Up On Mochi

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Hikimasu was in the crowd as well, looking over options.

For what, he had difficulty thinking. Someone asked him for his help, and he took that seriously. He wanted to look his best even if it didn't go well. Maybe he could get a new kimiono.

He saw Unsei, but... not?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Nesshin recognizes both as he goes through the market, himself. The Scorpion's still following me, he thinks, he has to be, so he goes over to Unsei. The hat's a giveaway.

"It's a good look for you," he says as he gives a nod. "Quite different, but good."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 pm

He was so focused on the mochi that he nearly ran into Nesshin, but managed to stop himself juuuust before the collision... yet he had never technically looked Nesshin's way. He had just stopped perfectly. Then he looked to the other man.

"Oh! Hello. Yes. Ah. I decided to change it up a bit and confuse people. Tomorrow I shall look like a woman, so I'm excited for it. Then I'll probably go back to being me... well. I'm still me, but me-r me."

Then, like a person who saw their crush in public, Unsei glanced over at Hikimasu, blushed faintly, and then immediately looked away while lowering his hat, as if that wasn't one of the biggest giveaways in the first part.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:00 pm

Nesshin's eyebrows rise.

"Seeing a red thread amid the stars?" he asks, somewhat teasingly. "Good for you!" he adds, voice low enough--but cheerful.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Unsei glanced over to Nesshin and looked like he probably would commit a murder on the Deer.

"I am cursed. You know this. Stop it. We are barely acquaintances and I've annoyed him recently so I am trying to stay out of his way." His words were also low, and a bit on edge. "That's all that's going on."

"Anyway, what do you want?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:55 am

Because Benten is a bitch and curses are strong, Hikimasu ran into a merchant cart crossing the street, was yelled at by a pretty Shika guard and told to watch his step and not disturb the peace, then walked back away and was caught in a gaggle of children momentarily until he was deposited by the currents of fate directly in front of Nesshin and Unsei.

He gathered his wits.

"Yo."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:55 am

Nesshin's reply is preempted by the sudden appearance of a wild Hikimasu, despite no tall grass being nearby. The Scorpion's use of surprise is super effective, scattering an otherwise witty exchange.

Nesshin replaces it with a nod to his follower. "Shosuro-san. How goes the flute-work?" he asks politely.

D11+, has a second fan.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:20 am

Oh fuck.

Even now internally panicking, Unsei was able to bow politely to the Shosuro.

"Shosuro-san."

And then he did his best to fade away while not actually moving or having that one air spell that allows you to turn invisible. He was still there in full view, but he was wishing he wasn't.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Hikimasu nodded at Nesshin's question. "Well enough, i need more practice but it'll turn out I think."

Noting Unsei-not-Unsei's jittering reaction, he figured it was Unsei.

"Seppun-sama...", he thought about how he should phrase things, then decided to be polite. "You're looking rather robust today."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description