[D3, LA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D3, LA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 am

Hajime frowned. "If Matsu-sama must know, I was approaching him to begin a conversation when I recognized that he was the 'Stone Matsu' that had asked my clanmate Agasha Inoshishi for an evening out to the theater. It seemed gauche to the extreme to put a move on you in that circumstance, so I tried to extricate myself with the least amount of fuss. Mission not accomplished, it would seem."
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D3, MA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:53 am

The Lion blinks, then looks down slightly sheepishly.

"Oh."

The awkward pause that follows is broken when Ishioka says quietly, "I, um... I'm flattered. I... really didn't expect any of that."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:04 am

Hajime tilted his head. "Well, I am gratified that you found that flattering, Matsu-sama, and I do apologize if my gallant withdrawal triggered suspicions of...some conspiracy or other. If you weren't so cute, I might have been offended."
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:24 am

Ishioka purses his lips. "I am not used to being called that," he says drily. "But I suppose it's nice." There's a twitch of his face, like he had just avoided adding a comment. But then the Stone Matsu lives up to his billing, showing no particular expression at all, and a new awkward pause arises.

With a slight twitch of his brow, the Lion seems to remember something. "Ah, you said Agasha-san had spoken of me?" The tall man asks in an adorably unsubtle way.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:00 am

Hajime held back the heavy sigh that screamed for release. Boys.

"Hai, Matsu-sama, she did. She mentioned that she was looking forward to the evening." He paused. "I am not sure the rest was not said in confidence, Matsu-sama. Buuuut...I think it is probably in both of your interests that you hear it...yes, it is better that I tell. The adjective she used to describe you was 'dreamy.'"

He folded his arms again to take in Ishioka's reaction.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:52 pm

It's a rare moment when Ishioka's mind is as rock solid as his face, but trying to process this Dragon's words brings him to a halt. He stands silently, blinking occasionally and seeming to be looking into the void behind the Kitsuki. Finally, words start to flow, but not with much coherency.

"I don't... Um. I don't know... Kitsuki-san, what does..." To his credit, the Stone Matsu retains most of his composure, and to others looking on no doubt seems unflappable still, but it's clear to Hajime that the man is as lost as if trying to calculate the square root of a cat.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:14 pm

"It means she likes the cut of your kimono, Matsu-sama. She thinks you're quite attractive. She thinks you're fun to be around."

He tilted his head. "Is that so surprising?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:28 pm

The Lion looks at the stern Dragon sheepishly. "I... I get that, but... Well, maybe it's a little surprising at least," he says, sounding rather like he thought he should be surprised if Hajime would allow it. "I just... I mean, we're so different..." There's a flicker of something behind the Matsu's eyes. "So different..." he whispers.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm

"Yes." Hajime agreed firmly. "Nevertheless...she seems to see something in you, Matsu-sama. What happens next is rather up to you."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:19 pm

The Lion nods, looking a bit overwhelmed with the responsibility. "Yes. Well, thank you, Kitsuki-san. I... I hope the next step goes well," he says, not sounding super confident.

"Um, is there some way I might be helpful to you? You seem quite kind," he says. These Dragon, so unexpected.
Description