[D3, LA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsuki Hajime

[D3, LA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:55 pm

Kitsuki Hajime was perusing the market for more paper, that being the writer's primary expense. Well, paper and nice clothing. In any case, he was minding his own business, eyes fixed on a thick, watermarked ream of Shika Blue, his hand resting on one hip.
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D3, MA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:57 am

"Kitsuki-san," rumbles a voice that sounds neither friendly nor hostile, but is accompanied by a stern, cold face and slightly narrowed, piercing brown eyes. All of that is much more notable than the rest of the generic copper kimono-clad samurai who looks in most respects to be the very stereotype of a Matsu bushi.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D3, LA] Hey! Didn't I See You At The...

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 am

Hajime nearly leapt out of his skin.

"Matsu-sama!" He exclaimed, after turning around to find last night's narrowly avoided error staring him in the face. "Ah!...hello." He bowed deeply. "How can I help you?"
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:31 am

The imposing Lion seemed satisfied by the Kitsuki's anxious reaction. If a complete lack of visual cues of any mood change could be interpreted as satisfaction.

"I am Matsu Ishioka, of the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida," he introduces himself simply, in the rumbling bass voice that evokes anticipation of distant thunder. "And you are?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:59 am

"Kitsuki Hajime, court poet to Kitsuki Shunsuke, Matsu-sama. Thank you for asking." He bowed a second time, perhaps unnecessarily. Perhaps it would be the obsequious gesture that saved his life.
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:39 am

"Interesting," he murmurs. "You seemed more confident last night, Kitsuki-san. Are you well? If not, I should not keep you," Ishioka says, sounding rather compassionate. But, little if any compassion could be appreciated when the Matsu's face continued to look like he might charge into battle at any time.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Hajime narrowed his eyes slightly. "Last night I was not surprised by a powerful bushi, and then teased." He paused. "If that's what you're doing."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm

The Lion narrows his eyes in reply. "I don't tease people. It's not logical."

There's a pause of about two heartbeats, then Ishioka continues. "You seem fine now. So, were you looking for me last night? Your behavior was slightly suspicious," he says matter-of-factly, not seeming angered.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:30 pm

"Suspicious?", Hajime huffed. "I will have you know that I was being gallant!" He folded his arms across his chest. "Far be it from me to cut in on someone else's outing."
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Ishioka raises a questioning eyebrow and says, slowly and incredulously, "Kitsuki-san, you were coming toward me and, when you saw that I saw you coming, you changed direction and did not approach me. Surely you had reason, but without knowing that reason, it seems suspicious."
Description