[D2 LA] Gaijin Aficionados

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D2 LA] Gaijin Aficionados

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:39 pm

"Oh, I've been living in Rokugan most of my life... If you consider that Rokugan ends at the last Unicorn outpost.

Using a more traditional approach of the map, with the western border set at Khanbulak, however... I've been abroad pretty much all the time since I was born, save for some missions at the foot of the Spine of the World. I'm a child of the Burning Sands, a rider of the sun who's seen with her own eyes, among other marvels, the Jewel of the Desert, the Cradle of the World and the City of Splendor.

Maybe you have visited the later yourself? Rokugan ships sometimes moor in the Ivory Kingdoms' ports."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:15 pm

Yoshi grins. "The Emerald Empire ends at the last outpost that Lady Sun passes in the west and begins at the first ship in the east that Lord Moon finds to begin his chase"

He lets out a long sigh. Sadly, I have not had the personal please. My Duty has been more to properly distribute what has returned from there. I would enjoy it though. You describe a wild beauty that...well, it fits Mitsuki-san as well"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:23 pm

"And you Kasuga-sama have all the style of an Ivory Kingdoms unicorn."

There was a double meaning joke there, one that Mitsuki definitely intended, and that the Tortoise may or may not have understood.

"Doing the bookkeeping for the treasures from beyond the sea, knowing their source and their destination without being able to reach any, seems like the most depressing job ever. But I guess someone has to do it."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:48 pm

The joke goes over Yoshi's head, which is probably for the best.

"There are benefits. Mostly in the enjoyment that others find with what they receive. To see shock turn to pleasured surprise, to see them excitedly show their friends." In spite of his typical smarm, there is something authentic about the soft smile that settles onto Yoshi's face.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:58 pm

"But Tortoise-sama, aren't gifts supposed to be entirely symbolic as our lords already provide us with everything we need and a samurai has no desire but to serve their lord?"

Mitsuki's tone was playful, not serious.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Yoshi waggles an eyebrow. "You've never received one from an admirer? I'm a bit surprised to be honest"

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:14 pm

"Oh I've received lot of gifts Kasuga-sama. Gift-giving is way more forward in the Burning Sands."

She frowned:

"Well, unless it's related to the sacred, like an offering or a gift to a priest. Then it's complicated again. Need to be wrapped in a nice blue silk cloth, preferably one you've cut and folded yourself, need to present it properly, say the right words and all.

Guess the gods are finicky under all stars."