[D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:14 pm

"All respectable choices, Seppun-sama," he says politely. "Kuni-san is a friend of mine, actually," he mentions, and there's a flicker of some kind of emotion across his face, but it's gone in an instant.

"A Kuni is... an interesting choice for an imperial governor," he comments candidly. "Not that I question your mothers wisdom," he says emphatically, "but I'm curious why a courtier wouldn't be more preferable, given your important position." It's a genuine question, though Ishioka expects he'll get no answer to it.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:18 pm

"Well. I confess I was curious, too, when I saw the name. Mother is a shugenja, so that specific marking is understood. Then, she added positive heritage, and... well... large."

The boy almost, almost blushes, but training stops that from happening.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:53 pm

The Lion notices the emphasis on the last word, and he raises an eyebrow as he checks the space around them for any who might be listening in. The steady stream of people in and out of the sitting area, and past it, gives pretty good cover to the conversation.

"Is that appealing," Ishioka asks at just the right volume to be heard by Yuzu but not have the sound carry farther. "Or is that a... concern? Crab women, Kuni-san included, can be... imposing," he notes with candor.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:24 pm

"I understand it to be a quality. It has a positive remark. From mother's point of view." The boy points out.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:22 pm

The Lion eats the last bite of his meal, though he doesn't realize it until moments later when he reaches for another. He is looking at Yuzu, eyes narrowed in curiosity at his mother's notes.

"Fascinating," he says finally. "A curious quality to be valued in the wife of an imperial governor," he adds, seeming to be talking more to himself than the other man.

"Well," he says more brightly. "Unless Seppun-sama wishes to hear more from me about it, I won't say another word." The Lion gives a polite smile to Yuzu. He seems content now to be dismissed unless the imperial wishes otherwise.

---------
/scene?
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:04 pm

"Could Matsu-san pass me the missoshiro?" He says, always hungry as he grows up.

/Scene
DescriptionTheme