[D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 am

There's a very faint shadow of a frown on the Stone Matsu.

"While I'm no expert on... things... from the other side..." Ishioka says, slowly and carefully, "I am sure those things are best kept there. Better for most of the empire to focus on things like miais," he says, trying a gentle adjustment to the conversation.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:12 am

The boy's test is over and he sets down his bowl and provides a good brow nod to the Lion, "Matsu-san is an expert in honor and good manners from what I could observe. Thank you for sharing this meal. If I can be of any help, please, reach out."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 am

"Thank you. Seppun-sama likewise seems a noble samurai," the Lion responded politely, though with a bit more warmth than his voice had featured earlier. He takes another small bite, content not to depart just yet unless the imperial made his dismissal more overt.

"Has the miai seemed suspicious thus far? It is perhaps auspicious for lower status to be in the same miai as yourself, but does it seem favorable to you so far?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:34 am

He takes a deep breath and says with a hint of frustration, "The miai is very Fortunate to my Family. That's what matters most. It has been quite nice, so far. The test today has been... enlightening."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:42 am

"Yes, I'm sure each will be... enlightening in its own way. And indeed, this miai seems fortuitous for my family as well. I hope they will, ah, be pleased with the results," Ishioka says, moving from an understatement to a technically true statement.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:47 pm

"So. Forgive me, but I have to ask." He raises a curious eyebrow, "Who's on Matsu-san's list?"
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:12 pm

"No forgiveness needed, Seppun-sama," Ishioka says kindly. "Given the setting, I think it's a fair question." He takes a calming breath, though his face doesn't look any different after.

"It is not exactly a list, which would have order. That would be based on some kind of system. I have more... a group of thoughts. That seem to conflict with each other, if I'm honest. But there are fine women who I think are more like me, and fine women who seem very different. I don't know... what exactly to do with that. But to not seem evasive about a simple question, I would say that Agasha-san, Usogawa Narumi-san, and Moto Mitsuki-san intrigue me, while Kuni-san and Kaito-san are more like me. Kaito-san will make some samurai a most excellent wife, of that I have no doubt." He nods in agreement with his own wisdom. "Of course, it is still early, and there are more participants to meet." He takes a quick bite while the Seppun considers his list. "And what list or thoughts might Seppun-sama have?"
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:50 am

"My list? Well." He takes a deeeeeep breath, to confess, "It is not my list. It is my mother's. So, I am using her and adding notes. Perhaps they are enough info for Shika Pei-Pei-sama."
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:16 am

"Ah, of course," the bigger man smiles lightly and nods. "There are... requirements... that need to be met," he nods sagely. "Especially for an Imperial Governor."

Then a conspiratorial little smirk draws up one corner of his mouth. "My list, as you heard, is more a matter of current preferences," he admits quietly. "Some might say aspirations," he gives a little chuckle. "If the choice were just with the honorable governor of the Chisei District, are there any frontrunners?"
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:31 am

He nods, not that dull, but not really enthusiastically. "The Otter heir. The Topaz Champion, and the Kuni priest are top of the list mother sent. I confess I am adding points here and there, too. Also for other maidens I've met. If the matchmaker is compassionate enough to check them."
DescriptionTheme