[D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

[D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Matsu Ishioka, physical embodiment of most Lion bushi stereotypes, stood out a bit in the marketplace at Kyuden Shika. Then again, a more-than-6-feet-tall blond man in a copper-colored kimono stood out a fair bit anywhere he went, save the larger towns and cities of the Lion lands.

Today, Ishioka wasn't doing anything particularly notable in the market, save examining the items on offer. He was... contemplating... a bit of gift-giving, and he needed to be prepared. For, whomever. He absolutely wasn't thinking about this task as a way to reset from the morning's miai test. Of course not.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Re: [D2, EA, open] Retail therapy

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:35 am

The young boy went out in the market since he heard they had good ramen stall at some corner. Finding a tall samurai –– taller than him –– he approaches and provides a bow, "Good afternoon, Lion-san. I hope Inari-kami has been generous. I am Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Would you be so kind and point me where the ramen stall is. I can't seem to find it."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:41 am

The Matsu turns to face the imperial, looking particularly massive in comparison when Yuzu is bowing, but Ishioka bows deeply in reply, no reaction visible save the bow itself.

"I am very pleased to be of assistance, Seppun Yuzu-sama," the Lion rumbles formally. "This one is Matsu Ishioka, nikutai in the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida. I am familiar with the ramen cart you seek, I believe, and can lead you there directly." He makes a small gesture with one hand for Yuzu to follow him, and turns to head toward the cart. More or less. He also keeps to an easy pace for the younger man, though human traffic through the marketplace doesn't make any path particularly swift.

"Is Seppun-sama here as an honored guest, or to participate in the miai," the Lion asks curiously as he checks to see how Yuzu is keeping up.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Yuzu follows along pretty safe that a Lion would do what is requested with utmost efficiency. Looking up, he replies, "I am here as a participant, hai. Not that I care much about getting myself married. Duty is duty and that is what my Family requires from me."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:37 pm

"Indeed," Ishioka agrees without hesitation. "With the help of the Deer Clan nakodo, this duty shall certainly be done," he says with confidence as they continue to walk. "I have heard that the Deer also seek knowledge of the participants' precede preferences as well, to help identify even stronger matches. Does Seppun-sama have such thoughts?" The constant neutral expression of the Matsu makes the potentially sensitive question seem like idle small talk.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:59 pm

"I believe they are one of the best matchmakers in the Empire. A certain Kitsu Murato-san told me his parents also got matchmade by the Shika, and that his family is happy and prosperous. I confess I don't expect much, but I am very confident it will be good. It is quite a thing for them to get a proper match that my mother, and my Family would appreciate."

--
Swaying your fellow PCs (Government/Void): Strengthen the ties between the minor clans and the Imperial Families. Distinction Blessed Lineage.
| TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:01 pm

"An individual most deserving of the skills of the Deer," the Matsu murmurs, meaning it as affirmation of Yuzu's sense that his situation is a little tricky.

"And I'm sure the Deer are eager to be helpful to the imperial families," he adds, recognizing the Seppun's intimation. "The Lion Clan is also welcoming an expanded partnership with the Deer Clan, ensuring that future generations of Lion appreciate the value of skilled nakodo in the strong ancestor bonds that we so value. Probably the sort of thing you would anticipate from our clan, hm?" The Seppun receives a small, friendly smirk from the Matsu as he leads the imperial around one last corner.

--------------
D2 agenda at Seppun Yuzu: An ancestor of the Shika will bless the marriages of the Lion. Courtesy 1/Water 3 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm

"As long as the hunter doesn't eat all the prey, I guess that's a fine thing to accomplish." He puts it out without showing any notable emotion. It could have been cynic spite, or a funny remark.
DescriptionTheme

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:52 pm

The Matsu, not sure how best to respond to the Seppun's comment, gave a small nod of acknowledgement and no other reaction, reveling for a moment in his well-crafted on.

"And here, Seppun-sama," the Lion indicates a modest cluster of small tables as he comes to a stop beside it, "is seating for the cart. Which is at the corner, right there," he points to an unremarkable looking cart with a rather remarkable number of people clustered around ordering, waiting, and then moving away with bowls of food.

"Quite difficult to locate without a guide, as you can see," the taller man says pleasantly.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:56 pm

He nods back. "Quite the hunter indeed, Matsu-san. Care to feed with me onto that ramen prey?"
DescriptionTheme