D2EM Breakfast Time (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Re: D2EM Breakfast Time (Open)

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:54 pm

"It was a very lovely painting you presented to the daimyo, Usogawa-san," Kiyonobu commented. "May I ask what place it depicted? It was rendered so accurately, I think it must show a real place."
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:02 pm

"This one has no complaints, Shika-san, in fact the very opposite. I can't help but learn everything I can."
To the Dragon, a wide smile. "The River of Gold- my aunt's riverboat travels it so often, it's as if it's home, and so I thought it only appropriate to share with the Shika who would gift me a new home with my match."
She sat, and set her box on the small table. "Your calligraphy set," she recalled, "It was exquisite, and the box you presented it in, what was on its lid?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Nesshin nods to the Otter's words and awaits the Dragon's response.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:02 pm
To the Dragon, a wide smile. "The River of Gold- my aunt's riverboat travels it so often, it's as if it's home, and so I thought it only appropriate to share with the Shika who would gift me a new home with my match."
"It was indeed a lovely scene," Kiyonobu commented. "I shall have to see the River of Gold someday."
She sat, and set her box on the small table. "Your calligraphy set," she recalled, "It was exquisite, and the box you presented it in, what was on its lid?"
The Dragon coughed, seeming a little embarrassed. "I arranged for it to be carved with leaping deer, in hopes of flattering Lord Shika," Kiyonobu said. "But from his reaction I gathered that the great lord must receive a lot of gifts carved, stamped or embroidered with deer. Nevertheless, I hope it will be of use to him; a well-educated man always has things to write about."
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 am

Nesshin says "It is something of a motif, yes."

His tone is flat, deliberately so, but he smiles two heartbeats after saying it, making the jest clear.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."