[D2, MA] (Soyokaze's Forge) Lighting the Fires [Open]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D2, MA] (Soyokaze's Forge) Lighting the Fires [Open]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:49 am

"That seems like sound advice and I thank you for it. I suppose the hardest part is find a reason to even talk to them. But how do you know what to talk to them about before you talk to them?" Soyokaze was getting a touch exasperated now. "I swear there are more mysteries involved in courtship than in the heavens."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 am

"Well. We started with introductions. She needled me a bit. I didn't get upset about it."

He grimaced.

"I normally require a pretext to talk to new people, but... things shook out so we met, then we parted ways for the better part of the day. And since we're all staying in the same place, meeting someone again over breakfast is a thing that happens here. I mean... I'm generally terrible at small-talk. Might be why I like her so much- she doesn't dance around with polite nothings."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:37 pm

"I suppose I need to just trust in the fortunes and the skill of the Shika matchmakers." Soyokaze shifts a bit uncomfortably on his cushion. "I am looking forward greatly to this piece, I am greatly honored that you would entrust this task to one such as I. You have my word that I will not disappoint you Raizo-sama."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:40 pm

"Oi, no 'sama' here, Asahina-san!"

He chuckled at that.

"And by all means trust the Shika- this is what they do- but at the same time... you should go see who's here. You never know. As I said, in my case, even if the lady weds another, I'm glad to know her. My life is the richer for it."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:49 pm

While I cannot promise you things will turn out the way you desire I give you my word that she will not soon forget this gift once you present it to her." Something swam is Soyokaze's eyes just then, he looked very much like a Courtier with a grand plan he was about to enact. "But I have taken up too much of your time. I should begin sorting out my thoughts sorting through materials and I am certain you have more important places to be than cooped up in my tiny stall. Will you be attending the play this evening?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 pm

Now that is a good sign!

"Oh, most likely."

He shrugged.

"I don't know much about plays, but I'm even less familiar with having as much free time as we do here, so I'll probably be there."
Remember to Breathe