[D2, MA] (Soyokaze's Forge) Lighting the Fires [Open]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D2, MA] (Soyokaze's Forge) Lighting the Fires [Open]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:53 pm

"That I cannot say -sama, for the gift to have meaning it must come from you. The Tsubaki flower is a symbol of admiration and love among the peasant class but to Samurai it is hated for the way its whole head falls off when it dies."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Ah, fucking wonderful.

"I'm starting to remember why I never bothered recalling this stuff."

He sighed.

"Maybe I'll just pick something, then..."

A pause.

"Could you do a star?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:35 pm

"Oh most certainly, do you have any specific colors you want worked into it? I will spare you the duty of choosing the materials, there are so many I would likely keep you here till the next dawn."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:40 pm

"Hm. Maybe just a kind of burnished silver? That way it's nice, but not too... flashy."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:15 pm

"Then if you are satisfied with your choices I believe I have everything at hand that i will need to create this. It is...difficult to estimate how long a piece will take to create, I will not be satisfied in presenting it to you until it exceeds certain standards. But it should not take me more than a few days at the most, I have no other demands right now and will devote all my time and resources to this focus." Soyokaze bowed slightly out of reflex, almost as if he had been addressing his lord.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm

"Good, good. I, ah..."

He paused.

"Just, er... send around and let me know, all right?"

Nearly asked him how much, I have to remember that's not the done thing...
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 pm

"S-So how are you finding the Miai so far? I assume this gift is for one that you have taken an interest in, do you not find this all a bit...daunting?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:39 am

"Utterly terrifying, completely beyond me, and likely to end badly."

He shrugged.

"But that can be lived with. If the lady I intend this for ends up paired with me, I will be happy, at least in the short term. But even if she doesn't, there's nothing lost by offering a token of my admiration. Besides. If you don't let people know how you feel, how are they supposed to pick up on it?"

A pause.

"What about you, Asahina-san? Got your eye on anyone yet?"
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:57 am

"I...no...I have not met many people yet, you are forth I think. It amazes me that you have already met someone you could be happy marrying."

To be that certain, is that love?

He seemed to shrink a bit on his cushion.

"There are some that I would call attractive but I have not even met some of them yet. Really I find all of this a bit confusing, we are taught love is good but not important, except here where we are being encouraged to find love amongst this very specific group of people or else we will be assigned someone we have never met. I would say this is an impossible task were it not for that fact that everyone else seems to be having no problems at all."

"How do you find someone so easily?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:19 am

"Blind good luck."

He paused.

"Assuming she likes me, anyway. I think she does. But I don't think either of us regards it as a grand passion for the ages, and that probably helps. I like her a lot- she's smart, pretty, has an edge to her, all of that stuff I said before. There's... definitely friendship there, if nothing more. But I can't call it love the way that play last night seemed so keen on. Not yet. All I know is that I feel better when she's around."

He shrugged.

"I mean, we'll both likely end up paired with someone else- I have no idea how the matchmakers do their thing, but the odds of my being betrothed to a lady I met on the way here when compared to the number of participants? But it's nice to think about."

An exhalation.

"So. My advice? Don't look for someone you can't live without. Look for someone you like being around. Because the goal, after all, is living with them, not without them."
Remember to Breathe