[D1, EE, expecting] A learning experience

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D1, EE, expecting] A learning experience

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:34 am

Ishioka nods and chuckles faintly at Inoshishi teaching patience.

"I'm sure you're right," he says kindly, before turning a little somber. "But I've heard often in my life that I am too patient, too calm, too slow..." While his face is largely blank, his brown eyes are brooding.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:30 am

Inoshishi cocks her head sideways, examining the Lion from under her lashes.

“The successful hunter must be both patient and quick. The stooping hawk has passed many an hour in the air, unless my killer fireworks have perturbed it. Like this!”

She expertly ‘accidentally’ flicks a chicken but at the Matsu’s nose. Assuming, as she does, that he will catch it, she’s already responding even as the Lion reacts.

“See? You have speed enough for a lion, much less a crab.” She giggles. “And besides, aren’t the lionesses supposed to do all the work?” Her eyes dance as she teases.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Fortunately for Ishioka, he happened to be looking at Inoshishi when she decided to be playful. And fortunately for his reputation as a bushi, he didn't let a piece of chicken hit him right in the nose. Unfortunately, as he swatted it away in annoyance, he snarled at the Dragon woman, "Hey, what the kami!" While far from the volume that he could project on a battlefield, it was still much louder than appropriate for a moderately noisy marketplace.

The Lion immediately transitioned to crestfallen. His blocking hand clasped into a fist briefly as he closed his eyes and took an immensely deep breath, then the hand laid flat on the table as he took another deep, centering breath. His eyes remained closed as he began to say, softly and with control, "Agasha-san, please forgive this simple soldier. That was most unbecoming and I wish no one had seen it."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:54 pm

“The Lionesses…”
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:56 pm
The Lion immediately transitioned to crestfallen. His blocking hand clasped into a fist briefly as he closed his eyes and took an immensely deep breath, then the hand laid flat on the table as he took another deep, centering breath. His eyes remained closed as he began to say, softly and with control, "Agasha-san, please forgive this simple soldier. That was most unbecoming and I wish no one had seen it."
“…supposed to…do all the work.”

Her eyes quiver for a moment, but by the time the Matsu’s eyes are open, there’s no trace of the moment of fear.

Perhaps one day she’ll learn that provoking samurai is a great way to win a stupid prize. Of razors. In the stomach. But today is not that day!

“Seen what, Matsu-San? I was distracted by a thunder clap straight from Osano-Wo! Wasn’t he a Crab? Did your grandfather do anything fun for him? I’ve seen Hida sumai honor him with their claps. BOOM, they blow you away.”

She pauses and takes a bite.

“Your sensei must be proud, you moved with the speed of a striking…lion.” She finishes, embarrassed, having been about to accidentally compare the Lion to a Scorpion, or worse, a snake.

“When Kitsuki-sensei did that to me, I was not so fast. More like a crane caught unawares than anything. Boom, right in the nose. But it still looks pretty, don’t you think? My nose, I mean, not the chicken, which is in the dirt, or the stone, which is still in Otosan-Uchi, I’d guess.”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:52 am

Ishioka looks at the Agasha patiently, clearly trying to decide something. It's that pensive look of digesting a thought, without any indication of how long it will take.

As Inoshishi finishes, the Lion is still giving her that look. But he expects it'll unsettle her, and so he doesn't leave enough time for her to start again before, "Indeed. Agasha-san is most... astute."

After a pause, he asks, with quiet curiosity, "What other lessons do you particularly recall from your sensei?"
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 am

The look doesn’t seem to make her worried, more….curious. On some level, she knows she’s being provocative and potentially playing with fire. But that’s what the Agasha do best, poke at fire, put things in fire, and see what happens. Do they get burned? Certainly. But never the same way twice.
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:52 am
"What other lessons do you particularly recall from your sensei?"
“Depends on my sensei! I remember most things quite well from Togashi-sensei. The lessons taught by Kitsuki-sensei…not as much. The lessons learned FROM Kitsuki-sensei, however, I remember quite well. Why do you ask?”

She chomps some more food, helping her to stop talking.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm

The Matsu nods gently as he listens, and then to the question he says, "I think the lessons we remember the most are a reflection not just of teachers, but us as students... and as people. For example, I did not show much skill with a yumi until one of my sisters reminded me that one of our ancestors had been a highly skilled archer. Several of my sensei no doubt wish that reminder had come earlier in my life."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:08 pm

The Matsu nods gently as he listens, and then to the question he says, "I think the lessons we remember the most are a reflection not just of teachers, but us as students... and as people. For example, I did not show much skill with a yumi until one of my sisters reminded me that one of our ancestors had been a highly skilled archer. Several of my sensei no doubt wish that reminder had come earlier in my life."
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:45 pm

Inoshishi nods seriously as the Lion continues talking. They make an odd pair, these two. One tall and broad, the other short and perhaps too thin. One smelling of mochi, the other of Lion steel. One the ultimate poker face, the other a smiler, prone to mischief.

Doubtless they had many things to talk about, until it was time for the play. Inoshishi said her goodbyes, her incorrect guess as to how much time she’d need to change leading to being late at the play.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:55 pm

/scene

---------
Fun! Thanks!
Description