D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:43 pm
"The Otter are very well travelled. I've been around most of the Empire by boat, and there are many sights to see. I am Usogawa Emiko, it's lovely to meet you."

She looked to the stall next to her, which seemed to be mostly little pieces of jewellery and trinkets.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Well the smile hadn't caused fear or irritation, it seemed, so it was acceptable for now. That said, the smile seemed to slip into something more natural.

"I was - I sought some extra robes for the event's proceedings. It never hurts to be too prepared. My affairs are sorted, however - is there anything in particular you are looking for? Perhaps I might be able to help, Usogawa-sama."

What was I doing again?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:10 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 pm
Well the smile hadn't caused fear or irritation, it seemed, so it was acceptable for now. That said, the smile seemed to slip into something more natural.

"I was - I sought some extra robes for the event's proceedings. It never hurts to be too prepared. My affairs are sorted, however - is there anything in particular you are looking for? Perhaps I might be able to help, Usogawa-sama."

What was I doing again?
"Ah, that is a good idea" Emiko nodded "I may have to look into this also. I was just browsing, seeing what was at the markets. It's been many many years since I last visited the Deer lands, and the markets have grown since then. Or perhaps they haven't and I'm just bigger now than I was before" she brought a hand up to cover a giggle "I would not wish to take up your time if you're busy Kitsu-sama."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm

"Hmm... the red one, if you'd be so kind," the ronin nods, her smile still lingering, "I should hate to be presumptuous, and it is only the first day of the miai, after all."

She adopts a thoughtful expression for a moment. "Though, of course, I should not object if you'd care to try swaying my decision. Perhaps over tea?"
Those are some very discerning tastes for a ronin.

Something about it nagged at him, but how would he ever learn more if he back out now.

"Tea would be lovely. Would you like to take a break from shopping or would you like to meet there when you're finished?"

Yoshi turns to the vendor, motioning to the red kimono. "How much are you asking for that?" Yoshi's eyes take a greedy gleam as a long history of bargaining bleeds through. "Is that silk? Really? From here is looks like hemp with a high thread count..."

(Looking for a Commerce check to bargain down the kimono, and cord)
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:18 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:10 pm
"I would not wish to take up your time if you're busy Kitsu-sama."
"Oh, nonono - like I said, I have done what I need to and my time is free. If your time is similarly spare, perhaps you would grace me with your knowledge of this place? I admit, this is my first time outside the castle."

seriously, what was I doing? Ah, I'll deal with it later.
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:18 pm
"Oh, nonono - like I said, I have done what I need to and my time is free. If your time is similarly spare, perhaps you would grace me with your knowledge of this place? I admit, this is my first time outside the castle."

seriously, what was I doing? Ah, I'll deal with it later.
"Oh? Then it would be my honour to show you around" Emiko said with a bigger smile and a nod "it has been many years, but I'll try to remember Kitsu-sama. The market as I remember it has a bigger focus on the artistic. You can find paintbrushes, paper, anything to create lovely pieces of art. They also have some already completed ones" she motioned to the stall they were by, then to the one with the clothes "is Kitsu-sama an artist?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm

"Hmm... the red one, if you'd be so kind," the ronin nods, her smile still lingering, "I should hate to be presumptuous, and it is only the first day of the miai, after all."

She adopts a thoughtful expression for a moment. "Though, of course, I should not object if you'd care to try swaying my decision. Perhaps over tea?"
Commerce/Water to bargain for a discount (TN 2) | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image

(New price 6 bu, 3 zeni)

Yoshi manages to bargain the merchant down, but it's friendly. Maybe he could have pushed for more, but there is still the hint of a smile on the merchant's face after the exchange. "You drive a hard bargain there shop master-san. If you have any call for shipments in from Slow Tide Harbor, send word for Kasuga Yoshi, he will remember your acumen and generosity"

At the end, he turns and hands the red kimono to Aimi. "There you are. Please accept this gift Aimi-san. You mentioned tea...would you be free this evening, before the play?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:51 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:57 pm
"Oh? Then it would be my honour to show you around" Emiko said with a bigger smile and a nod "it has been many years, but I'll try to remember Kitsu-sama. The market as I remember it has a bigger focus on the artistic. You can find paintbrushes, paper, anything to create lovely pieces of art. They also have some already completed ones" she motioned to the stall they were by, then to the one with the clothes "is Kitsu-sama an artist?"
The Lion nodded as he listened, making special note of where the paper can be found.

"I am more of a ...writer than an artist, though I suppose there is an art to the writing I do."

For some reason, he wasn't compelled to reveal the true nature of his work.

"Is art an interest of yours, Usogawa-sama?"
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:51 am
The Lion nodded as he listened, making special note of where the paper can be found.

"I am more of a ...writer than an artist, though I suppose there is an art to the writing I do."

For some reason, he wasn't compelled to reveal the true nature of his work.

"Is art an interest of yours, Usogawa-sama?"
"While I enjoy all arts, my focus is more on the performing arts. I enjoy dancing, playing instruments, and acting. I sometimes sing also, but my voice isn't as good as my mothers. She's such a wonderful singer" Emiko sighed softly, then chuckled as she added "seems I picked up my fathers singing voice instead!"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 am
"While I enjoy all arts, my focus is more on the performing arts. I enjoy dancing, playing instruments, and acting. I sometimes sing also, but my voice isn't as good as my mothers. She's such a wonderful singer" Emiko sighed softly, then chuckled as she added "seems I picked up my fathers singing voice instead!"
When one seeks revenge, dig two graves.

A proverb which, with some translation, lead to the Kitsu understanding to laugh alongside the Otter. In truth, he was more interested in her discussion of her lineage than the comedy behind it, but perhaps that was best kept to himself.

"Well, there's every chance even at my best the songbirds would flock to you over I, I imagine. Music has never truly ran in my family's veins."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:19 pm
When one seeks revenge, dig two graves.

A proverb which, with some translation, lead to the Kitsu understanding to laugh alongside the Otter. In truth, he was more interested in her discussion of her lineage than the comedy behind it, but perhaps that was best kept to himself.

"Well, there's every chance even at my best the songbirds would flock to you over I, I imagine. Music has never truly ran in my family's veins."
"I don't know. I think my singing is ok, but I'd rather stick or acting or playing my flute" Emiko said with a chuckle "best to not risk it, ne? Although I do like to sing to myself, or to the fish when we're sailing. They don't seem to hate the sound, or maybe they can't hear it over the sound of the yakatabune. What does Kitsu-sama do for fun? You mentioned writing, are you an author?"