D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kaikoga Koi

Re: D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Koi was walking through the market quietly enjoying the pleasure of the Market. She had gathered a nice amount for small wood from the forest which she carried in a small basket, she had toned down her appearance from the fine clothes she had worn earlier and simply wore the colours of her clan.

She wasn't looking for much attention, if at all as she felt her body tense from the day already and something gnawed in her stomach.

Finding a space to sit with some elevation of the market and unfolded the fine wood carving tools that she owned. Aged, and weather from being used but respected and cared for. She smiled as she people watched and began to whittle at the wood thinking of very little except the wood, the stroke of the tool and her surroundings.

Rarely does peace come so easy.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm
"I don't know. I think my singing is ok, but I'd rather stick or acting or playing my flute" Emiko said with a chuckle "best to not risk it, ne? Although I do like to sing to myself, or to the fish when we're sailing. They don't seem to hate the sound, or maybe they can't hear it over the sound of the yakatabune. What does Kitsu-sama do for fun? You mentioned writing, are you an author?"
"I am..."

He thought on the nature of both questions, and though he wouldn't say it out loud, he found himself wanting in both departments.

"I am a writer on behalf of those who recently passed. My work is to give a final record for our descendants to see of those who have lost, so that they may be remembered as well as possible while remaining honest."

"As for my hobbies, I enjoy calligraphy, history and learning about the world. Sometimes in my work I travel to other clans, but I rarely get to truly explore their lands. You said you play the flute - is there a particular style you like?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:34 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:16 pm
"I am..."

He thought on the nature of both questions, and though he wouldn't say it out loud, he found himself wanting in both departments.

"I am a writer on behalf of those who recently passed. My work is to give a final record for our descendants to see of those who have lost, so that they may be remembered as well as possible while remaining honest."

"As for my hobbies, I enjoy calligraphy, history and learning about the world. Sometimes in my work I travel to other clans, but I rarely get to truly explore their lands. You said you play the flute - is there a particular style you like?"
"Writer on behalf of...oh, I see" Emiko nodded "that is a very important duty. Very-very important! I don't know who does that within the Otter, we're a very small clan though so I suppose there isn't just one person. Families all speak for themselves."

She smiled softly.

"There is a lot of history I don't know, so I can't comment on this. As for flute, I play all styles but the type of flute I have is a Nohkan flute. It's quite high pitched, but very melodic."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:34 am
"There is a lot of history I don't know, so I can't comment on this. As for flute, I play all styles but the type of flute I have is a Nohkan flute. It's quite high pitched, but very melodic."
"Perhaps you would treat me to a listen to you play sometime? I may be no fish, but..."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm
"Perhaps you would treat me to a listen to you play sometime? I may be no fish, but..."
"I'd be happy to" Emiko said with a nod and a smile "I love to peform. It's the life of an Otter to perform! The gardens make for a lovely backdrop also."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm
"I'd be happy to" Emiko said with a nod and a smile "I love to peform. It's the life of an Otter to perform! The gardens make for a lovely backdrop also."
"Perhaps then, On the dawn of the third day, I could meet you in these castle gardens?"

He offered an open hand to the Otter.
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:26 pm
"Perhaps then, On the dawn of the third day, I could meet you in these castle gardens?"

He offered an open hand to the Otter.
"That sounds lovely Kitsu-sama" Emiko said with a smile and a few nods, not sure what the open hand was meaning "I look forward to it! I'll make sure it's something Kitsu-sama will remember."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:23 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm
"That sounds lovely Kitsu-sama" Emiko said with a smile and a few nods, not sure what the open hand was meaning "I look forward to it! I'll make sure it's something Kitsu-sama will remember."
"I'll be certain to make it something we can both remember."

He then looked to his hand, before turning sheepish and retracting it.

"Oh, sorry, Writers of the Fallen tradition - we'd seal an agreement by putting the handle of our brush into the palm of another to signify that the promise is as factual as written history. Must have lost myself for a second."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:23 pm
"I'll be certain to make it something we can both remember."

He then looked to his hand, before turning sheepish and retracting it.

"Oh, sorry, Writers of the Fallen tradition - we'd seal an agreement by putting the handle of our brush into the palm of another to signify that the promise is as factual as written history. Must have lost myself for a second."
"Oh. My apology" Emiko bowed deeply "I wasn't aware of this tradition. Please don't think I was being rude, it wasn't my intention. The Otter don't really have anything for tradition on that."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 pm
"Oh. My apology" Emiko bowed deeply "I wasn't aware of this tradition. Please don't think I was being rude, it wasn't my intention. The Otter don't really have anything for tradition on that."
The Kitsu returned the bow.

"Forgive me, the error was mine - it isn't a common tradition even within the Lion lands, so the fault is mine for using it out of place."
PM if thread desired