D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kasuga Yoshi

Re: D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm
Aimi... hesitates. She wants the fancy kimono, oh yes, very much so... but who is this man, who wishes to buy the scruffy ronin something nice without even an introduction? Can she trust him? Can she even know his intent?

"Ma, samurai-sama, you're quite the unusual sort," the ronin says, folding her arms inside her sleeves for a moment to hide any treacherous twitch towards the pretty fabrics, "Talking of want like that... don't you know desire's one of the Three Sins?"
The ronin girl is trying to play it off, but Yoshi is a practiced courtier, and more importantly, businessman. The glint of greed in the girl's eye is there, along with a healthy dose of caution that serves her well.

"Yes, I know. I repeat the question Lady Ronin. Which do you desire?" Yoshi then puts a hand over his mouth. "Pardon my rudeness, I did not introduce myself. I am Kasuga Yoshi of the Tortoise. Those of the "We Do Commerce so You Don't Have To". Being of the unusual sort goes with the territory."
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm
"Yes, I know. I repeat the question Lady Ronin. Which do you desire?" Yoshi then puts a hand over his mouth. "Pardon my rudeness, I did not introduce myself. I am Kasuga Yoshi of the Tortoise. Those of the "We Do Commerce so You Don't Have To". Being of the unusual sort goes with the territory."
"Aimi. An honour to meet you, Kasuga-sama," the ronin says with a friendly smile, and... yes there's a glint of awareness in her eye there as well, as she picks up on something most would not. "I have been told that I would look good in the brighter, more vibrant hues. Perhaps the red, or the orange one?"

She smiles slyly. "The green seems nice, but at a miai, one must be especially careful of the implied messages, no? A man offering a gift of fine kimono in his clan's own colours could be taken any number of ways."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm
Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm
"Aimi. An honour to meet you, Kasuga-sama," the ronin says with a friendly smile, and... yes there's a glint of awareness in her eye there as well, as she picks up on something most would not. "I have been told that I would look good in the brighter, more vibrant hues. Perhaps the red, or the orange one?"

She smiles slyly. "The green seems nice, but at a miai, one must be especially careful of the implied messages, no? A man offering a gift of fine kimono in his clan's own colours could be taken any number of ways."
"There's no need to call me "sama" Aimi-san." Kasuga waves dismissively "That will count for something when I earn it. At least for the purposes of this miai, we are equals in searching for partners."

His smile takes on a mischievous tone. "Would be it be so wrong if people took it that way?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm
"There's no need to call me "sama" Aimi-san." Kasuga waves dismissively "That will count for something when I earn it. At least for the purposes of this miai, we are equals in searching for partners."

His smile takes on a mischievous tone. "Would be it be so wrong if people took it that way?"
Aimi lifts one eyebrow, and her gaze flickers up and down, clearly assessing Yoshi in more than one way. Her mouth curls into a smile.

"Perhaps not, Yoshi-san," she says slowly, daring the additional intimacy of a personal name, her eyes glinting mischievously, "Though I do warn you, some here are the jealous sort."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Aimi lifts one eyebrow, and her gaze flickers up and down, clearly assessing Yoshi in more than one way. Her mouth curls into a smile.

"Perhaps not, Yoshi-san," she says slowly, daring the additional intimacy of a personal name, her eyes glinting mischievously, "Though I do warn you, some here are the jealous sort."
"Are you one of them Aimi-san?" Yoshi matches her smile, It is, perhaps, overly familiar to call him by his given name, but the Tortoise had an open and established policy of accepting ronin into the Clan.

Yoshi gestures back to the clothes. "Have you decided what is going to be your gift?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:11 pm

The Lion let the Tortoise go without complaint, but watched him from a distance.

He thought about what the Tortoise had asked the ronin - 'what do you desire?'

A bold question. One, perhaps, which would have landed him dead if asked to the wrong person... but no one was truly free of desire.

Looking into the clouds, Moshu remembered those who had been lost to their desires. In so doing, his track on the Tortoise's movements was lost.
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 pm
The commotion a stall over got her attention, and Emiko turned to look over.

Hm? What's going on?
Spotting an onlooker, he drew himself from his own thoughts and bowed to the stranger - another from the Miai, he remembered.

"Good afternoon, samurai-san. Has Inari-san blessed your rice today?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:11 pm
Spotting an onlooker, he drew himself from his own thoughts and bowed to the stranger - another from the Miai, he remembered.

"Good afternoon, samurai-san. Has Inari-san blessed your rice today?"
Her attention pulled away from the odd Tortoise trying to...buy? A Ronin, she turned at the voice and smiled, bowing.

"Ah, good afternoon.. Kitsu-sama" she recognised the mons "Inari-no-kami has indeed blessed me, thank you. I hope you have been similarly blessed?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 pm
"Ah, good afternoon.. Kitsu-sama" she recognised the mons "Inari-no-kami has indeed blessed me, thank you. I hope you have been similarly blessed?"
A smile.

It was an experimental thing from the usually serious, bordering morose Kitsu - like how a duellist would practice his draw after recovering from an injury. He would have to learn another time how well his experiment went.

"Truly so. It is nice to be able to explore like this - usually when I travel, my time would be limited to my host's court. Forgive me - you must be much better traveled than I, no?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:52 pm
"Are you one of them Aimi-san?" Yoshi matches her smile, It is, perhaps, overly familiar to call him by his given name, but the Tortoise had an open and established policy of accepting ronin into the Clan.

Yoshi gestures back to the clothes. "Have you decided what is going to be your gift?"
"Hmm... the red one, if you'd be so kind," the ronin nods, her smile still lingering, "I should hate to be presumptuous, and it is only the first day of the miai, after all."

She adopts a thoughtful expression for a moment. "Though, of course, I should not object if you'd care to try swaying my decision. Perhaps over tea?"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 pm
A smile.

It was an experimental thing from the usually serious, bordering morose Kitsu - like how a duellist would practice his draw after recovering from an injury. He would have to learn another time how well his experiment went.

"Truly so. It is nice to be able to explore like this - usually when I travel, my time would be limited to my host's court. Forgive me - you must be much better traveled than I, no?"
"The Otter are very well travelled. I've been around most of the Empire by boat, and there are many sights to see. I am Usogawa Emiko, it's lovely to meet you."

She looked to the stall next to her, which seemed to be mostly little pieces of jewellery and trinkets.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)