D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 pm

"...You may find my estate here. They will deal with expenses."

Placing his merchant's details down, the Kitsu can be seen leaving the tailor with some extra yakuta wrapped in a small box. A mean built had it's advantages - there was little which needed to be changed or adopted in terms of size. He had enough of a spare selection to last the miai, but he had acquired some extras in case of some kind of emergency.

Despite the cloud overhead, the market seemed lively enough. It appeared as if the Lion was looking for something, but what?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kasuga Yoshi

Re: D1 EA - Market travels (Open)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 am

Yoshi takes a deep breath and exhales. He waits a moment and then shakes his head. "Nope. Nothing like home"

There was just too much different. While there was still clamor of vendors, it was neither the bustling mass of Otosan Uchi nor harbor marketplace of Slow Tide with the smell of salt, spindrift, and usually something rotting. This was...to small, to clean, to quiet, but it would have to do.

He recognizes someone from the hall this morning, a Lion. Yoshi offers a slight bow in greeting. "Greetings Lion-san. Have you had your rice today?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 am

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 am
He recognizes someone from the hall this morning, a Lion. Yoshi offers a slight bow in greeting. "Greetings Lion-san. Have you had your rice today?"
The Tortoise.

...Honestly he had nothing really for or against the clan, as the stories he'd heard had been too varied to pin down anything. That said, his gift giving was conducted well enough, so there was at least decorum.

Returning the bow at his best approximation of the angle the other samurai used, he returned the greeting.

"Indeed I have, thank you for asking Tortoise-san. I believe we were just at Castle Shika earlier today, though we never had the chance to interact then, it seems - has everything been well?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:08 am

Emiko hadn't had a chance to look around the markets yet. It was pretty exciting, although the weather looked concerning so she was carrying her parasol just in case the weather turned worse again.

Humming happily to herself, she browsed the wares, not paying the greatest of attention to the world around her.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 am

Nearby, Aimi the Ronin can be seen... bargaining? Haggling? Actually handling money?

"It's a very nice kimono, to be sure, but surely the cost can be paid in more than coin?" she says briskly, talking to the shopkeeper who actually seems surprisingly calm and enthused about bickering with a samurai over funds. "Perhaps I could offer a blessing to your son... no? Oh, I see, your brother's son, ah, and he must be quite the active sort, you have shadows under your eyes..."

She glances sideways, frowning at the sight of other samurai... but no, they have every right to be here, and if their families have insulated them from the need to bargain or haggle well... she'll try not to take it too personally.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 am

"Indeed I have, thank you for asking Tortoise-san. I believe we were just at Castle Shika earlier today, though we never had the chance to interact then, it seems - has everything been well?"
"So far, I have no complaints. I hope that you are doing well yourself Lion-san."
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 am
Nearby, Aimi the Ronin can be seen... bargaining? Haggling? Actually handling money?

"It's a very nice kimono, to be sure, but surely the cost can be paid in more than coin?" she says briskly, talking to the shopkeeper who actually seems surprisingly calm and enthused about bickering with a samurai over funds. "Perhaps I could offer a blessing to your son... no? Oh, I see, your brother's son, ah, and he must be quite the active sort, you have shadows under your eyes..."

She glances sideways, frowning at the sight of other samurai... but no, they have every right to be here, and if their families have insulated them from the need to bargain or haggle well... she'll try not to take it too personally.
A new sounds grabs his attention. Yoshi bows to the Lion. "Forgive me for a moment, I have a few things to attend to"

He heads to the stall, looking through the wares of the shopkeeper. "Hello. I am looking for a type of cord, do you have anything like that?"

He looks over at the ronin girl. "How much is the kimono?"

(Unless there is a reason to stop him, he's going to buy 2 bu worth of cord and some traveling rations)
Last edited by Kasuga Yoshi on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 pm

The commotion a stall over got her attention, and Emiko turned to look over.

Hm? What's going on?
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm
A new sounds grabs his attention. Yoshi bows to the Lion. "Forgive me for a moment, I have a few things to attend to"

He heads to the stall, looking through the wares of the shopkeeper. "Hello. I am looking for a type of cord, do you have anything like that?"

He looks over at the ronin girl. "How much is the kimono?"

(Unless there is a reason to stop him, he's going to buy 2 bu worth of cord and some traveling rations)
Aimi squints at the other samurai for a moment, then shakes her head. "A bu or two for the one I'm after. Nothing fancy, just need something that isn't too beat up from time spent in a travelling pack."

She glances aside at that, looking past the store owner to the finer kimono in the back, the colorful and decorated ones... but ah, of course, such courtly garb is priced in full koku, no wonder the wavewoman cannot simply take her pick.

(OoC - Going by the 5th core rules here, common clothing is 1bu, and ceremonial/courtly clothing is 1 koku. There's also sanctified robes for shugenja but I doubt they'd have anything of the kind in a regular market)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm

Aimi squints at the other samurai for a moment, then shakes her head. "A bu or two for the one I'm after. Nothing fancy, just need something that isn't too beat up from time spent in a travelling pack."

She glances aside at that, looking past the store owner to the finer kimono in the back, the colorful and decorated ones... but ah, of course, such courtly garb is priced in full koku, no wonder the wavewoman cannot simply take her pick.

(OoC - Going by the 5th core rules here, common clothing is 1bu, and ceremonial/courtly clothing is 1 koku. There's also sanctified robes for shugenja but I doubt they'd have anything of the kind in a regular market)
A small smile comes over the Kasuga's lips.

"I see. So now I know what you are after, but now I am curious about which one you want. Please, can you point it out to me?"

Yoshi motions to the shopkeeper. "Please include the one she picks in with my items"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 pm
A small smile comes over the Kasuga's lips.

"I see. So now I know what you are after, but now I am curious about which one you want. Please, can you point it out to me?"

Yoshi motions to the shopkeeper. "Please include the one she picks in with my items"
Aimi... hesitates. She wants the fancy kimono, oh yes, very much so... but who is this man, who wishes to buy the scruffy ronin something nice without even an introduction? Can she trust him? Can she even know his intent?

"Ma, samurai-sama, you're quite the unusual sort," the ronin says, folding her arms inside her sleeves for a moment to hide any treacherous twitch towards the pretty fabrics, "Talking of want like that... don't you know desire's one of the Three Sins?"