[Day 0, Early Afternoon] What Fresh Hell is This? (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Early Afternoon] What Fresh Hell is This? (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 am

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 am
"I needed a first impression on the papers I was going to use for letters other, you know, paper stuff for this miai. You weren't immediately repulsed by my taste, so I'm taking that as a good sign!"
"I'm Shiba Raizo, and I seldom take good care of anything, but I'll do my best."

He grimaced.

"I'm... more than a little out of my depth here."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Hida Daichi

Post by Hida Daichi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:34 am

Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 am
"Mostly browsing, Crab-san." Tomoe's response is said with a smile that is a bit too wide for her narrow face. "I'm in the market for some variety of gift, but aren't certain of what to look for. If you've any recommendations over the selection here, I'd be in the market for that too."

She made a slight laugh at her statement's end.
Now that brought a chuckle from Daichi’s lips, a slight crooked smile forming. She honestly didn’t expect the pun. “I appreciate that one. Anyway, you’re looking for a gift? Hmmm… I would suggest a brush set, but that might just be me.”

The Crab reaches over and takes a brush box in hand, examining it. “The wood quality of the handles and boxes of nice. And the brush portion themselves are nice, probably won’t shed very much at all in use.”
Crab Clan • Bushi • Gunso • Branch of the Hida line
Honor: 55 | Glory: 49 | Status: 33
Carries: Daisho, jade beaded bracelet

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 am

Hida Daichi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:34 am
The Crab reaches over and takes a brush box in hand, examining it. “The wood quality of the handles and boxes of nice. And the brush portion themselves are nice, probably won’t shed very much at all in use.”
Yes! Someone that likes my jokes... Take that, Mother! HA!

The wide, stretched smile fell into a more natural, crooked grin as she nodded to the Crab. "A brush set is nice advice. So long as the quality is long-lasting, the nice-ness may be secondary. It's more in mind for a familial gift than one of courtship." She turns to the seller. "I would like one of these brush boxes, kindly."

Back to Daichi, Tomoe bows in thanks and greeting. "Thank you, Crab-san. I'm Shiba Tomoe. Might I know what you're in the market for yourself?"
Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Guard • Friendly • Down to Earth
Honor: 45 | Glory: 40 | Status: 25
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Hida Daichi

Post by Hida Daichi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 am

“Ah, it’s no problem to help someone out here. Hida Daichi, by the way.” The Hida offers a quick bow before straightening herself, glancing towards the various brushes and inks. “I’m mostly browsing. And appreciating the goods on display is a fine way to relax. You here for this miai as well?”

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 am
"I'm... more than a little out of my depth here."
Accepting the bundle of papers, Shizuka put them in a wooden carrying box atop what appeared to be an incense burner.

"Eh? Out of your depth?" The Moshi asked, retrieving a fan from her obi and moved to step into some nearby shade near the brush and ink stall. She looked back over her shoulder at Raizo with a look inviting him to follow.

Knowing looks or not, it was warm and she was wearing a lot of layers, so it was time to cool off a bit.

"Here...at the market? At this miai? "
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:11 am

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 am
"Here...at the market? At this miai? "
Raizo trailed along after her.

"Uh... yes. I think the answer is yes."

He grimaced again.

"Not used to... well. I've spent most of my time since gempukku with the army. It's... yeah."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:20 am

Hida Daichi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 am
“I’m mostly browsing. And appreciating the goods on display is a fine way to relax. You here for this miai as well?”
"I am indeed. Family responsibilities and all that." The Shiba copied the sweeping glance at the items on offer, casting a wider look at the other stalls in the area. "Markets such as these are always a fine visit. Of course the merchants don't all appreciate those that merely browse, but it is usually a calming affair. Anything catch your eye to recommend of these inks?" She gestured to the display.
Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Guard • Friendly • Down to Earth
Honor: 45 | Glory: 40 | Status: 25
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:29 am

"Is that so?"

Shizuka set her carrying box down next to her and flicked her fan open with a practiced motion. It wasn't a work of art, truth be told: just a white paper fan on cypress slats, save for the golden yellow sun in the middle supported by - what else - stylized centipedes.

Fanning herself languidly, the priestess continued her impromptu questioning. "Just the army, then? First time at a miai?"
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Hida Daichi

Post by Hida Daichi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:33 am

Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:20 am
"I am indeed. Family responsibilities and all that." The Shiba copied the sweeping glance at the items on offer, casting a wider look at the other stalls in the area. "Markets such as these are always a fine visit. Of course the merchants don't all appreciate those that merely browse, but it is usually a calming affair. Anything catch your eye to recommend of these inks?" She gestured to the display.
“Inks, hmmm?” Daichi looked towards the display gestured to and picks up one blue and one black. “Depends on how you think the ink will be used. Black for someone who wishes to just write or simple ink paintings. Colored inks are good for poetry if you have pretty enough paper. But that’s a little out of my area of experience.”

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:34 am

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:29 am
Fanning herself languidly, the priestess continued her impromptu questioning. "Just the army, then? First time at a miai?"
"Very much so. Honestly not sure why I was invited. I kinda figured the Phoenix would just tell me who I was marrying."

He glanced about him.

"And I had no idea there even was a Deer Clan until I saw it on my travel papers."
Remember to Breathe