D0MA, Patrol (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shika Nesshin

D0MA, Patrol (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Refreshments done, Shika Nesshin has resumed his spear and begun a patrol of the market. Things are busy, with some notes overheard about a belligerent Mantis earlier, but busy isn't bad.

Nesshin walks about the place, keeping an eye out for trouble...
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsu Murato

Re: D0MA, Patrol (Open)

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Murato similarly walks about the market, but more to enjoy it for the first time than to keep it safe. He nods to the Shika guard. "Good afternoon. I was wondering if you might know where I could find supplies for kumihimo? Plenty of writing and painting supplies, but I would like to practice some braiding."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:19 pm

Nesshin returns the nod. "You might try that vendor," he replies, gesturing towards a booth some paces away. "Seen a fair bit of cording and the like there.

"Shika Nesshin, by the way," he adds. "I trust your travels've been well."
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Dressed better after training and a bath, then a short visit with Yudaina to be certain he was being treated well, Hikimasu was pointed toward the artisan market when he asked a stablecat where he could find something to read. The trip was short and pleasant, the air was nice at least. Warm summer days were a staple in Scorpion lands (well, miserably hot days, actually) so he took in the air without needing to fan himself. Walking alone was pleasant too, even surrounded by people going about their business he could manage to cut himself off from it all entirely.

So he thinks, but people don't look at him uusally.

Sometimes Yudaina doesn't even see me coming...

He saw a Lion speaking to a Shika guard and wondered if anything was amiss, but didn't approach them directly. He just sailed by, well, close enough and observed discretely (as he is quite subtle in that way).
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:51 pm

He didn't notice the subtle Shosuro, and so didn't introduce himself to the market at large. He did return the favor for Nisshin though. "I am Kitsu Murato. A pleasure, thank you, and yes my travel was nice. Particularly the last leg through Shika lands in the forest."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 am

Nesshin smiles. "It's good to know that our lands welcome peaceful visitors," he says, and his eyes cut over to the Shosuro briefly. But there's nothing wrong with standing and watching in itself, so he makes no comment and continues.

"I gather you're here for the miai?" he puts in. "Or does another pleasure call you here?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 am

"I am indeed here for the miai. But I don't intend to waste the opportunity to enjoy other pleasures that Shika lands offer," he says with a nod. "I will certainly try to observe as much of the land and as many of the gardens as I can. I'll also hope to find the opportunity to spar with one of your Speardancers. I have no doubt your spear technique is better than mine, and I could use a few bruises to teach me how to wield mine better."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 am

Nesshin nods. It's a good answer.

"Zang-sensei will appreciate hearing that, I think," he says. Then he pulls something of a face and adds, gruffly "'Bruises aren't your teachers; I am. But they are your sempai; learn from them.'"

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:03 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 am
Nesshin nods. It's a good answer.

"Zang-sensei will appreciate hearing that, I think," he says. Then he pulls something of a face and adds, gruffly "'Bruises aren't your teachers; I am. But they are your sempai; learn from them.'"
"I have a sensei... of sorts... who tells me that if you have difficulty learning the right way to do something you can just take the long road and learn all the ways not to. It's a more painful pat, but more enriching for the experience."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Nesshin nods.

"Knowing what not to do is important, yes," he says. "I'm minded of a comment I overheard once: 'All mushrooms are edible, but some are only edible once.'"

D11+, has a second fan.