[D13 ME, expecting] Where the magic happened

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D13 ME, expecting] Where the magic happened

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:14 pm

In his best robes, but a short walk away, Moshumaru waited.

He had waited until it was as beautiful a night as possible - clear, dark, illuminated only by the stars above and the odd lanterns below.

Thanks to preparations for tonight's event, the streets seemed quieter than usual - and, of course, the teahouse (and that place) - had been booked.

All that was left to do was wait.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D13 ME, expecting] Where the magic happened

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Unsei arrived eventually. Not too late, but not exactly early. They were still muted after the events of the past two days, so there was a noticeable lack of overly joyful smiles this evening. If anything, they seemed more like a proper Imperial now as they strode forward, head held high, but lacking any emotion. Regal.

Their attire was one of their better robes, adorned with a plethora of stars and geometric symbols across rich, dark blue and brown silks. However, they lacked their hat and they had done something to cause that everlasting cowlick to... actually stay down. The dramatically long hair they had taken care of over the years was braided loosely, keeping it a bit further off of the ground than normal.

Yet... nothing they did completely removed the smell of smoke and fire from their skin.

"Moshu-kun." They said softly in their vaguely deep, but quite voice as they bowed.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 pm

On the one hand, it lifted Moshu's heart to see Unsei go to such effort for his sake.

On the other, seeing her like this... it pained him. Not a firey, Lion pain, when you could easily strike back against the person involved, but a suffocating pain where you can't help someone's suffering but can only watch.

His smile was bittersweet - a caring one, but one still pained.

That said, he bowed deeply to the Seppun. He wanted to reach out and hold her deeply, tell her everything would be alright, but...

"Unsei-sama, thank you for joining me this evening."

He offered his hand to lead the way.

"I have ensured the place will be ours alone for the evening."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 pm

"The entire market?" They asked softly before taking his hand. "That's quite a lot of effort, dear. Thank you."

They were silent for a few moments and then spoke up again. "I'm both excited and worried this evening. I keep feeling as if this will be the last I have with you and while I'm sure it won't be, that doesn't stop the feeling."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:05 pm

"Not the entire market," Moshu specified, "But that place."

He began to lead the way.

"I do share that anxiety, my love. I have felt it in every task, in every event, and I have fought like Matsu herself for your hand. I will need to leave to one last challenge, but once that is done I am yours until the morn - and hopefully thereafter."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 am

They lapsed into silence at his words. They had tried their best to win and get as many points as they could've in order to get his hand, but no matter what they did, they were still so far below.

"I'm sorry I didn't do better in the games. Please don't let my lack of points appear as if I had a lack of want to win your hand." They murmured, brows furrowed as they held his hand a bit tighter, like they were afraid to lose him.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:10 am

"Never."

He squeezed it tighter as they walked, but there was a caution to it - like someone was trying to embrace a freshly made vase.

"You could have easily used your status to convince any other to seek your hand, yet you did not - you trusted me, and relied on me. That is why I wasn't worried."

Shame burdened his face further.

"I also admit I... lost myself in the competition. Like an animal missing the sun to defend its family. I didn't even think about your score in all this, too lost was I in trying to protect what we had found."

He stopped before a small teashop by the river.

"We're here - shall we go in?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 pm

That was a lot to take in and a yet, it wasn't. For all they could've said positively to him, all they could've said negatively about themself, they didn't. Instead, they leaned against him, head laying against him ever so briefly in front of the teashop. The smell of smoke from them became stronger now that they were so close.

"I love you." The words were soft, but full of truth and heart. "Thank you for fighting for me." After holding that spot for a few moments, they pulled away since public displays of emotion were still highly frowned upon.

"Ready to go in whenever you are, my love."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Fortunes, decorum or no decorum he just wanted to pick her up an-

"I love you too."

Leading her inside, he gave silent gesture to the staff, who knew what to do. A selection of teas, perhaps their entire line, was bought to that spot, as well as the house special sake and two cups. While it hadn't been planned, a menu was also bought forth.

He offered to help Unsei into a seat next to his - more from affection than any great need, and looked out over the sight.

"Forgive me - I couldn't quite bring the eclipse itself back, but..."

The clear, deep water of the river was overlooked by sheer face of earth, dirt and trees, with flowers abloom to make it seem itself like it was a canvas. The moonlight occasionally showed diamonds within the rough, reflecting off the river and occasional petal on a flower Moshu couldn't name (but swore he saw in the Ikebana once) as the river's flow was barely punctuated by the quiet streets behind them.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:11 pm

They were both surprised and not when the large selection was presented before them. It felt like way too much for the Seppun, but just what they'd do for Moshu if the roles were reversed. With a careful hand, they took the menu and had glanced over it briefly before looking up and accepting his help to sit down with a faint, sweet smile.

It was then that they looked over the scene before them and was taken aback. A small gasp made it past their lips before a wider, gentle smile formed across their face.

"I can see why this place gave you such inspiration then. It's... well, it's perfect. This is all... perfect." Without care, they leaned against him again as they struggled not to start crying once more from the overwhelming sweetness they kept being shown.