(D13, LM) Window Shopping

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kuni Yasu

(D13, LM) Window Shopping

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:34 am

Yasu regrets the money wasted on that drinking contest as she considers that it would have been nice bringing some souvenirs home for her siblings. Perhaps she'd just go press a few flowers and leaves unique to the area for them. Still, it's fun to browse through the colorful collections of goods all through the market.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Re: (D13, LM) Window Shopping

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:40 am

Murato was walking through the market as well, with a decent sized packet of roasted nuts. When he sees Yasu he approaches and offers some from the bag. Ue smiles pleasantly.

"Morning Yasu-san. Enjoy a small bit of Inari's blessing with me?"

He was likely only present for the snack as he does not seem overly interested in the other types of stalls.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:07 pm

At the sound of her name, she looks up from the small collection of charms, to see the Kitsu there, her smile brightening. With a nod of greeting, she says, "Good morning, and thank you Murato-san. I'd be happy to." She reaches carefully into the packet for a few nuts. "Have these past few days seen you well?"

She pauses a moment before adding with a smile. "And Kaito-san?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:20 pm

"For the most part, yes. Some difficulties but they were cleared up," he replied. Her smile... it still made his heart ache for more but it felt so distant now even though it was just a few days. "Bai has been doing okay, and we have been wonderful. Just praying to Musubi-no-kami to help the Deer see it as well. How is Tanabe-san?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 am

Her smile brightens a few degrees, both to hear that he and Bai are doing well and at Tanabe's name. "We left our own prayer for the fortune, and have just been..enjoying the time we have here until the Deer make their decisions. I wonder how much weight they'll give the astrology tonight?"

Snacking on the nuts, with a moment's pause to consider the last time she'd shared treats with him, Yasu asks, "Just down here for these? Or last minute shopping?"

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:02 am

"Just these," he says. "I don't like shopping honestly. I usually visit markets to buy something specific, get food, or to accompany someone else." He continues his snacking with a smile.

"And I wish the two of you all the happiness and that your prayers are heard."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:05 am

"You likewise, Murato-san. If the Deer don't see things the same way, and match us instead, there's time afterward for a different set of prayers." Her smile is a bit wistful, not due to any regret so much as always some curiosity about the path that wasn't taken.

"That's usually the reason I'd come to the market." she nods. "But now? I'm sort of hoping to spot some small thing to bring back for my youngest sister, without really knowing what that should be. Maybe I'd be better off keeping an eye open for interesting rocks for her to listen to."

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:07 am

"If that happened," he smiled at her. "I am sure the first thing we'd need to do is sort through some very complex feelings. Prayers would likely help," he says with a nod. "But I would definitely be pleased in the end, getting to fight off dangerous horrors for the good of the world at your side." He smiles at that. "What more could a man ask for?"

He crunches down on a nut and holds the pack out to offer more.

"A gift for your sister, eh? And she likes listening to rocks. perhaps there is a shop where they make small stone statuettes? A deer or a tree like the one in the temple?"

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:33 am

Yasu chuckles a bit. "What more, indeed?" She takes a few more of the offered nuts.

"Well, if there's some carvings that are...hmm, rather inexpensive." Yasu says a bit apologetic to be talking about prices. Oddly finding that a bit more embarrassing to bring up in polite company than talking about goblins or Taint.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 am

"I can't imagine most are too bad. They have many guests from clans of lesser means come through," he says with a shrug.