[D13, EA, expecting, Soyokaze's] First stop on the apology tour

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

[D13, EA, expecting, Soyokaze's] First stop on the apology tour

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Matsu Ishioka knew he needed to have this conversation. He'd known for days, really, but been too caught up in... other things... to make it happen. Today, with real sunshine and a refreshed sense of the world, Ishioka was going to make things right.

The Lion doesn't proceed to the forge in the marketplace right away, as he is enjoying the weather, and trying to catch up on gossip he may have been missing, but eventually he gets close to the Crane's official work space.

-----------
D13 EA gossip check re who'll be matched with Bayushi Minae. Water/Courtesy, TN unknown so gain 1 void point. Water 3, skill 1 | TN: ? | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image
3 Success likely passes? Net 3 strife.
3/12 composure
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, EA, expecting, Soyokaze's] First stop on the apology tour

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:17 pm

All the walls of the Crane's market stall were rolled up this day, letting the sunlight in, yet a blue drape obscured Soyokaze and his workspace. His assistant sat upon a cushion at the front of the stall quietly reading a pillow book. When the Lion approaches she rises from her seat and offers a bow before turning and ducking behind the curtain to announce the arrival. Yet Soyokaze does not immediately come to greet his guest.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:11 am

Ishioka nods respectfully as the attendant performs her role. He is not surprised at the less than eager reception, especially after several days.

Standing stoically as he waits, Ishioka's face shows no indication of annoyance or impatience. His breathing is level and if he's even letting his eyes wander to nearby stalls in consideration of gift buying it's not noticeable.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:15 am

After a moment the Asahina emerged, a look of satisfaction on his face. "It is done Hameko, it's done. Please if you would begin polishing it while I see to our guest." The young assistant bowed to both and stepped behind the curtain. "Forgive my delay Ishioka-san, I was in the middle of something very delicate. I hope Inari has blessed you today, please be welcome can I offer you some tea?" he waited for his guest to sit before taking a seat himself.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:23 am

The Lion bows his head politely as he takes the offered seat. "Thank you, Asahina-san, this one humbly accepts." It's a more reserved version of the Matsu who had come to Soyokaze's forge before the mixer, but he doesn't take long to explain why. He is still the Stone Matsu.

"Asahina-san, I've been most remiss in not coming to apologize for my unfortunate behavior at the sake bar several nights ago. This one would doubly apologize, both for the original mistake and the delayed attention to making it right." He places his hands together on the table and bows his head as he asks forgiveness.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:29 am

Part of him wanted to draw this out, make it as painful as possible for the Lion, but he was not the problem and the time for hating Lions was over for now. "To be honest I was furious at first but I think it was for the best. I don't know why you chose to put me along side another of your kin, another Kitsu of all things, but I am no longer troubled by it. I accept your apology and likewise apologize for my behavior and the suddenness of my departure."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:53 am

Ishioka nods, looking sad.

"No apology is needed from you, Soyokaze-san," he says, voice quiet. "In the moment, I was not sure who would best engage Moshi-sama first, and in a moment of foolish improvisation, I brought both of you before her for some strength in numbers and a hope, as I wanted to do right by her as well, that such an approach should seem more inviting or comfortable." He sighs rather heavily. "I am... not good with improvisation, Soyokaze-san. I fancy myself skilled in many ways, but that is not one, and even if the idea had been sound then to execute it with no warning was still most offensive." Ishioka inclines his head briefly, but looks up to show his sincerity when he continues, "I know you have little reason to trust me, and where you had shown some trust in me I mishandled it fully. I do, though, hope the best for you. With Kaito-san, or whoever the skilled nakodo should decide. You've been a diligent samurai and I pray the fortunes they reward you for it." The big man's eyes are kind, if slightly tired, and his voice carried nothing but genuine good will for the Crane.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:06 am

The Crane returned the nod. "I have no desire to quarrel with you or any of the Lion, and with the heavens blessing the strife between the Crane and Lion will no be a concern for me much longer. I wish you the best Matsu Ishioka-san no matter what tomorrow brings." He poured them both some tea and continued. "So, how ARE you feeling about tomorrow?"
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 pm

The Lion nods as Soyokaze speaks, and at his question he chuckles and even smiles lightly.

"It will be a mixed blessing, I am sure." He takes a drink of tea, realizing he feels anxious for the coming day despite all that seems to have settled.

"I don't know what the Deer will decide. I spent a lot of time, and heart ache, trying to construct a future that I never could have guaranteed anyway," he says, his voice betraying some exhaustion, sadness and embarrassment. "Now, at least, I am at peace with what the Deer will say is best, for I know I could not do better than they can."
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:09 pm

"I wonder if any of us have had a simple road though this. Bai has started talking specifics and it makes me even more nervous than I already was. Not because I am getting cold feet but because I worry she will be more disappointed than I anticipated. I am trying to put on a confidant face but I have little real hope the Shika will favor me. The fact that someone who has excelled the way you have in the Deer's events is also nervous makes me think the Shika should reconsider how they go about these things."
Description