[D13, EA, expecting, Soyokaze's] First stop on the apology tour

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D13, EA, expecting, Soyokaze's] First stop on the apology tour

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 am

Ishioka smiles kindly, but shakes his head. "I wouldn't go down that path, my friend. I thought, 'This is what I want. This makes sense. I can make this happen.' And that stubborn hubris has at least cost me dear time in these days away from the complications of home, and perhaps has cost me a future with two amazing women." He shakes his head and looks down at the teacup.

"We will see what the Shika decide, and what reasons we have to rejoice, but the fault for any heart break isn't theirs. Even before Yasu-san warned me here, my grandfather's advice should have guided me: the tried and true methods produce the best outcomes. I repeated those words here, but at the same time I was trying to substitute my judgement for that of experts. Those using the best methods that time and trial can produce. So I may well feel the pull of despair tomorrow, Soyokaze-san, but it won't be because the Deer are in the wrong."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:57 am

"I suppose there is truth in that, it has been suggested that I have become blinded by love, which is especially amazing since when I came here I didn't believe it existed. Can I ask you an uncomfortable question? I understand it is rude, I am just trying to peer into Bai's mind. What is it like to love two?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:05 pm

The Lion doesn't flinch from the question, though he nods that it's a difficult one.

"I don't know if it's the same for Kaito-san," he prefaces, careful not to speak for her. "But for me, it was a matter of feeling two halves of your heart, both on fire, but kindled by different fuel. It... I can tell you more, Soyokaze-san, but I am not sure it will help. But it is the least I can offer, if you wish to hear it." Ishioka looks thoughtfully at the other man, putting no pressure either way, as he can certainly understand both wanting and not wanting to know.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:01 pm

He sighed. "No, you are right, this is one riddle I cannot know an answer too, you cannot speak for her heart. I just...I worry about what happens if i do get to be with her. Will she decide I am not enough? Will she wish it had gone the other way? I do not think I would ever know it, she is too kind to hurt me, but I worry that she will regret being with me. And all this worry is piled upon the mountain of uncertainty of tomorrow. I am sorry to have asked you something so personal but if you need to talk about it I am here to listen."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:30 am

Ishioka smiles, looking a little incredulous at his Crane friend.

"Soyokaze-san, you have covered many topics just now... Let me share just a couple of thoughts, if I may." He purposefully takes a drink of tea and adjusts his seat slightly before beginning. "Kaito-san is probably the finest samurai in this Kyuden. You know I love another, but this is a fact. And if she tells you that she loves you, that is a fact. If she tells you that she loves another equally, that is also a fact. And the choice of who to be matched with has never been hers, or yours - it is up to the Deer." He sighs. "And praise the fortunes for that, for would you wish on her to have to make the choice? To be racked with all the questions and emotions you feel right now? I know you do not." Ishioka sighs again. "It is better for the Deer, who have proven methods and less attachment to our feelings, to make the choice. It will hurt, one way or another, but at least you will always know she did not want you hurt, just like you would rather due than see her hurt. I know that look in your eye, Soyokaze-san, and I have felt that feeling..." The big Lion looks down and clutches the tea cup hard, but he controls himself enough to not break it. There's a final sigh, then a return to more control.

"Revel please, my friend, in the happy moments and memories from here. Perhaps they will be the best thing you leave with, but they also cannot be taken from you."
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 am

"You don't think that if we all got to marry whoever we want it would work out in the end? I'm not questioning the law or anything just saying." he said not at all convincingly.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:23 am

The Lion chuckles, sounding a little sad but mostly just patient. "Oh, it would work out fine for some. Your one true love, with no one to keep you apart." He's smiling as he says it, but his voice carries at least a little scorn. "But use your situation. What is Kaito-san to do? Break your heart or that of Murato-san? Perhaps she will do neither, as she loves you both, and instead swear never to marry at all. So you can all be broken hearted, and blame her for it." He shakes his head.

"Or perhaps she chooses him, thinking you will be happier without her weight upon your heart, dogged by questions forever - except you all still will be! The only certainty is in knowing it was never up to you, never up to her. What will happen tomorrow is what is meant to happen, not the fault of anyone, and wouldn't you rather have that small comfort? That at least, she never wanted to break your heart?"
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:39 am

"I know, I know it's an impossible situation, someone is going to be hurt and I hate that." he lowered his head and took a cleansing breath then looked at the Lion with compassionate eyes. "Do you want to talk about it? I've burdened you with much, I would like to return that kindness and something is troubling you more than you are letting on."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:16 am

Ishioka shakes his head. "Soyokaze-san, you are kind to offer. And I assure you, you haven't burdened me. I had hoped to see you in better circumstances than this on the eve of the announcement, but I failed you. To offer my ear, and a few words that I hope are helpful, is really the least I can do for you." He transitions with a heavy breath. "But for me, no, I do not wish to discuss my match further. I believe it will be a favourable one, honestly. But I know somewhere in me is a tiny candle of hope for a future my heart has not let go of, and I am simply waiting for that candle to be snuffed out."
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:07 pm

"You have not failed me Ishioka-san, you owe me nothing. Remember we're supposed to be enemies, my father would be apoplectic if he saw us carrying on like this then hit us both with a tornado."
Description