[D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kasuga Yoshi

Re: [D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:48 pm

Yoshi raises his eyebrows." "Good, I got what you asked for

He looks over at Narumi conspiratorially.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Koi beamed a smile. "Wondrous Tortoise and the people you know."

The Moth smiled. "I hope you shall partake?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:51 pm

Colour shaded the Otter's cheeks at the familiar look from the Tortoise, and she sipped her tea.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 pm

Murato leaned back in his seat with all the whispering and blushing going on and suddenly knew he was the odd man out in this group. Maybe Raizo too, he was just as quiet.

So he just enjoyed some tea.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Black and red entered the restaurant and Hikimasu gave the servant a look that might have been solicitous in seeking aid, but was taken as something else entirely. A short commotion of the manager appearing later, and a head tilting look of disbelief that the Shosuro indeed hadn't come to collect a debt for someone, he was shown to the table where Koi and the others waited.

"Minna-sama, good afternoon", he said and bowed properly. "Kaikoga-san you look both astonishing and satisfied, I am happy to accept your invitation."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Raizo gave the Scorpion a nod- and for once, not saying much seemed the opposite of awkward.

They knew where they stood.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Koi smiled at Maruto noticing the whispering and dealing with the best she can. "Maruto-san how has the Great Lion's hunt gone this miai? Have you been successful? What plans do you have for the future?"

Pausing she rose at the commotion and as Hikimasu arrived the Moth once more fluttered gracious to him. She offered a bow, though it was clear she fiercely resisting giving him a hug though it was she wanted too.

She beamed a grin at him. "I am glad you accepted my invitation I wanted to spend one more time with you before this miai ends."

She paused, and raised a finger. "Wait - I have been preparing this for some time."

"Right - A Crane woman brings a very limp duck into a Utaku stable master. As she lays her beloved pet duck on the table, the Utaku puts his ear to the bird’s chest and listens carefully." She explains, deadpanning.

"A moment later the vet shakes his head and says sadly, “I’m really sorry mam, but your duck, Cuddles, has passed away.“ The Crane woman becomes quite distressed and begins to cry." She continues.

“Are you sure?” she says with tears flooding from her eyes."

“Yes Lady Crane, I am sure” the Utaku responds. “Your duck is definitely dead.“"

"“But how can you be so sure?” the woman protests. “I mean, you haven’t done any testing on him or anything have you? Perhaps he’s just stunned or in a coma or something.”" Koi continues on, deadpanningly telling the story.

"The Utaku rolls his eyes, then turns around and leaves the room. A few minutes later he returns with a black Labrador retriever. As the duck’s owner looks on in amazement, the Labrador stands on his hind legs, puts his front paws on the examination table and sniffs around the duck from top to bottom. He then looks up at the Utaku with sad eyes and shakes his head." The Moth animatedly explained.

"The mqn pats the dog on the head and takes it out of the room. A few minutes later the Utaku returns with a cat. The cat jumps on the table and delicately sniffs at the bird from its head to its feet. After a moment the cat looks up, shakes its head, meows softly and strolls out of the room." Koi continued.

"The Utaku looks at the woman and says, “Look mam I’m really sorry, but as I said before, this is most definitely a duck that is no longer of this world. Your duck is dead.“ She said hands on her hip shaking her head.

"The Utaku then turns to his heimin, says a few words and produces a bill, which he hands to the woman. The duck’s owner, still in shock, looks at the bill and sees it is 15 koku." Koi said smiling slightly.

“15 koku just to tell me my duck is dead!” she shrieks with incredulity horor. The Utaku shrugs his shoulders and says, “I’m sorry Lady Crane. If you’d taken my word for it, the bill would have been 20 bu. However with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it’s now 15 koku.“ Koi said, calmly before bursting into giggles.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 pm

"...", he had to admit he had no idea of what was going on in that joke, but he found that Koi's efforts, her performance in telling it, made him laugh.

"Two men come to a river, the river is embarrased and demands it's purity back."

He drew his cup from his sleeve and placed it down, he also produced a small box from his kimomo, it rattled slightly.

"In exchange for your kindness, please accept this" he offered it to her.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Koi gave him a small hoot for the joke. "It sounds familiar." She chuckled. "A good joke. I do think you are the winner of our joke sparring, I hope you will write to me as a friend if we are not paired together."

She glanced down at the box surprised.

"You surprise me, Shosuro-sama every time we meet but I am not worthy of such a fine gift from you." She said, giving the first refusal.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:56 pm

"I felt your invitation demanded such concern from me, if I have erred somehow, perhaps you can fill my cup for the night", he said, in a more friendly voice than was common to him.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description