[D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:34 pm
She goes ahead and pours a cup for him, and then one for herself as well; but instead of knocking it back as she's done the last few days, Narumi sips politely.
"I'm... cautiously optimistic, is the term, I think, and it suits me." she says with a small nod. "And yourself?" she had noted the Lion seeming out of place.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:04 pm

"Excited, anticipating, and nervous. But right now it's nice to be with many I consider friends," he said with a smile that definitely suggested he felt he was sitting next to one. Then the smile becomes more conspiratorial, "Though I get the feeling that many at this table are more friendly with each other than I am."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:14 pm

"It is nice, isn't it? A friendly farewell," she leans in closer at the whisper, and tilts her head lightly to a side. "Perhaps, though some more so than others."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:35 pm

He leans back from the whisper, then nods at her previous statement. "A friendly farewell... and wishes for good fortune until we might meet again," he says with a nod.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:37 pm

"Hai, though hopefully under less chaotic and emotionally charged setting," she says with a smirk and lifts her sake cup again, sipping.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:42 pm

"Is there such a thing when representatives of different clans meet?" he asks with a smirk.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:25 am
Koi smiled softly before nodding. "I shall accept then, thank you kindly Shosuro-san, it is very sweet of you." She accepts the gifts and genuinely taking a moment to inspect the box and opening the box noting Aimi and Inoshishi's arrival.
Inside the box were a series of claw tokens, each with a particular design, some with clan heraldry, others with faces meant to represent kami or other important figures in history.

They were menko. A child's game. The implication that they may come in handy later considering the nature of the event they'd all spent the past two weeks at.

He nodded. "Only showing my thanks for the invitation." He bowed and approached the Kitsu.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:42 pm
"Is there such a thing when representatives of different clans meet?" he asks with a smirk.
"Kitsu-san", he said and bowed. "It's been some days and my apologies for being remiss in my courtesy. Your aid as well as the help of Kuni Yasu-san was irreplaceable. Please", he said and drew a small red cloth wrapped item from his sleeve and offered it to him. "Accept this unworthy token, I hoped to show appreciation."
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
He caught Narumi's eye and nodded to her as she and Murato seemed to be seated close and conversing.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:16 pm

To Murato: "No, I suppose not."

To Hiki, the nod is returned.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Koi blushed, and held onto the box delicately before smiling sweetly.

Sometimes, it is a shame I was born into a Minor Clan. I could have loved you Shosuro Hikimasu. She thought for a moment before taking her place, and pouring herself a glass of sake.

She sat, and smiled surrounded by more friends than she has had in several years. In fact, she could not remember the last time she had such a pleasure to be surrounded by such kindness.

The Moth resisted tears of happiness.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Inoshishi tries to find a seat after hugging Koi enthusiastically. After, she bows at everyone with small motions, she tries to find a spot to sit, marveling at the diversity of samurai here.

Hmm. Should she have brought something? Probably. Had she? Nope.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai