[D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Koi smiled at Inoshishi with a kindness before she rose up, and lifted a glass.

"If I can catch your attention for a moment before we eat, I can see the servants hovering in the background." She said, calmly her voice flowing and kind.

"I have invited each of you today to share a meal with me, today in my Clan we fest with our siblings and family till the evening." She said, warmly. "But I do not wish to spoil any surprises this evening so I will not say much more of that. I do not have much family, and the ones I do have I find myself ever distant from them as I grow older."

She chuckled ryely. "And yet, not two weeks ago I can here and was immediately welcomed and formed bonds with new friends and old friends that seemed practically fated. I have been blessed by the Fortunes to welcome you into my life and for you to entertain someone even as borish as myself."

She chuckled.

"Tomorrow we might be wedded and scattered across Rokugan and I wanted. No needed. To tell you how much I appreciate meeting you - even if it was for a moment but I hope that as the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West that you will remain my friend henceforth." She said kindly, perhaps just a tad emotional but all and all nothing solidly.

"For that, I say - KAMPAI!" She raised her glass happily.

Day 13 MA Pushing Seppun Yuzu Agenda. Performance/Water. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 3
1Opportunity symbol to recover 2 strife.
1Opportunity symbol to recover 1 strife from roll.
1Opportunity symbol to sound pleasing to hear.
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:14 pm
"Kitsu-san", he said and bowed. "It's been some days and my apologies for being remiss in my courtesy. Your aid as well as the help of Kuni Yasu-san was irreplaceable. Please", he said and drew a small red cloth wrapped item from his sleeve and offered it to him. "Accept this unworthy token, I hoped to show appreciation."
"That is entirely unnecessary. While it may not have been my specific duty to help out here, it is one of the duties I perform for my clan. I would not expect anything in return for doing what my lord expects of me," he says bowing his head.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:59 pm
"That is entirely unnecessary. While it may not have been my specific duty to help out here, it is one of the duties I perform for my clan. I would not expect anything in return for doing what my lord expects of me," he says bowing his head.
"Be that as it may, results were achieved and it means something to me to thank you, Kitsu-san." He offered it again, and then likely joined in with Koi's toast.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Narumi smiled at the emotion Koi conveyed, though privately and truthfully she didn't feel like she belonged at the table so much. Still, her cup of sake was raised in return.
"Kampai!"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:06 pm
"Be that as it may, results were achieved and it means something to me to thank you, Kitsu-san." He offered it again, and then likely joined in with Koi's toast.
Also joining the toast, he returns to the ritual with Hikimasu shortly after, to give his second refusal.

"The removal of that danger and safety of the people at this miai is more than gift enough for me. But thank you for the offer."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm

“Kampai!”

Her eyes wander around the room, debating tacking on a comment about the Kakita and the Mantis. But the moment passes, maybe she’ll find a way to work it into conversation later.

This certainly is an interesting assortment of people. She sees Narumi on the far side of Murato, and makes a small gesture of hello, raising an eyebrow cutely. She slides it over to Murato, inclining her head politely.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:15 pm
Also joining the toast, he returns to the ritual with Hikimasu shortly after, to give his second refusal.

"The removal of that danger and safety of the people at this miai is more than gift enough for me. But thank you for the offer."
"Surely Kitsu-san is worthy of gratitude, without your particular talent, my friend would still be in danger. It is something I cannot ignore and never would." At the very least, he seemed honest, whether it was propriety or Kheree's safety that was more important, those flat eyes were quiet on the matter.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:39 pm
"Surely Kitsu-san is worthy of gratitude, without your particular talent, my friend would still be in danger. It is something I cannot ignore and never would." At the very least, he seemed honest, whether it was propriety or Kheree's safety that was more important, those flat eyes were quiet on the matter.
"Then as I was able to share my gift for your friend's benefit, it would be rude to not accept your gift in return. Thank you for the kind gesture," he replied, accepting the token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:02 pm

Now satisfied that Murato does actually understand courtesy, he bowed and walked away to never again speak with him.

Instead, he arrived opposite Raizo and Aimi.

"Hello again", he bowed to them before seating himself.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm
She sees Narumi on the far side of Murato, and makes a small gesture of hello, raising an eyebrow cutely. She slides it over to Murato, inclining her head politely.
The greeting is echoed and returned, sans eyebrow lift, though a cooly polite expression remains on Narumi's features- unsure what, if anything, Ishioka has told his Dragon.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands