[D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:58 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:23 pm
A shining smile was given to their host! And Narumi leaned in, interested. "My apologies as well! And Koi-san is too kind with her words. Oh, hai, the rivers sing when Otter's pleasurecraft grace them," she raised a brow in amusement.
Koi smiles sweetly to her, and gave her a mischievous grin. "I am no kinder than you deserve, darling Narumi-san. Oh? Pleasurecrafts? I have never had such a chance to go on such leisurely cruises. We mountainfolks are use to the raging rapids, and waterfalls. Not that I dont enjoy getting wet." She hooted, coyly.

She popped a dim sum into one of her cheeks and giggled trying to lighten the mood some. "Singing, Maruto-san? When we are busy stuffing our bellies? Ney ney save that for later tonight. You will need it!" She waved a hand, playfully.

She giggled, and glanced at Hikimasu. "Perhaps, as a hostess...I could always do a number I suppose if this is what you all want?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:03 pm

Inoshishi smiles and nods, her dark eyes looking mischievously at Koi, debating suggesting a whole other way of making people, or at least Koi, sing.

Her eyes slide over to Narumi. Hmm. Maybe she had been meaning something when she looked irritated as Inoshishi had made comments about her being honorable. Not that she thought she and Koi and the assembled were particularly dishonorable. Just not in love with their own honor.

“I can provide the fireworks.” She smirks, settling on this as the best addition.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:05 pm

"If you say so, but the Ikoma do learn a few songs that are best in a group of friends, away from public and with sake," he replied, taking a sip and smirking. "Maybe we just need a bit more drink first."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:06 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:58 pm
She giggled, and glanced at Hikimasu. "Perhaps, as a hostess...I could always do a number I suppose if this is what you all want?"
"Well, as I have been threatened with a good time", his flute flickered into his hand from somewhere in his kimono.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 pm

Nesshin, whose player has been away doing teacher-prep, joins the toast and partakes abundantly of what is offered.

He'll catch up at some point, surely.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:07 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:58 pm
Koi smiles sweetly to her, and gave her a mischievous grin. "I am no kinder than you deserve, darling Narumi-san. Oh? Pleasurecrafts? I have never had such a chance to go on such leisurely cruises. We mountainfolks are use to the raging rapids, and waterfalls. Not that I dont enjoy getting wet." She hooted, coyly.
Narumi clearly enjoys the attention. "Hai, they are leisurely, and relaxing.. and all together most enjoyable." She offers a wider smile to the Moth. Though she doesn't stop her gaze from ticking to the Tortoise as she moves to retrieve a steaming dim sum bowl for herself.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:07 pm
Narumi clearly enjoys the attention. "Hai, they are leisurely, and relaxing.. and all together most enjoyable." She offers a wider smile to the Moth. Though she doesn't stop her gaze from ticking to the Tortoise as she moves to retrieve a steaming dim sum bowl for herself.
Koi hooted at that. "Ara ara, is that so? Perhaps now that I am to be stationed within the Capital you could give me a tour of such activities at some point, ney? I think we could have such fun together."

Luckily the mask made the blush less apparent. Kami, she did enjoy the chase of a beautiful woman it was much more alluring to obtain though Koi was curious if the Otter was all chase no reward and that glance towards Yoshi. What did that particular mean?

"We should stay in touch." She said calmly.
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 pm
Nesshin, whose player has been away doing teacher-prep, joins the toast and partakes abundantly of what is offered.

He'll catch up at some point, surely.
Koi's brushed her hand against his thigh reassuringly and smiling warmly at him.

She didnt not mind waiting.
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:03 pm
Inoshishi smiles and nods, her dark eyes looking mischievously at Koi, debating suggesting a whole other way of making people, or at least Koi, sing.

“I can provide the fireworks.” She smirks, settling on this as the best addition.
Koi raised her eyebrows. "Now, that would be exciting!"

Koi smiled as she popped a small dumpling into her mouth and chewed.

Leek and harring flavoured boil and awful choice. She left that unexplored.

"If you feel up to it, Ino-chan?" She smiled.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:05 pm
"If you say so, but the Ikoma do learn a few songs that are best in a group of friends, away from public and with sake," he replied, taking a sip and smirking. "Maybe we just need a bit more drink first."
Koi's smile remained the same friendliness. "Ah! Yes I did recall you had some musical talent Maruto-san it slipped my mind. I would be honoured for you to perform your music."

"Perhaps you know this song?" She said softly.
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:06 pm

"Well, as I have been threatened with a good time", his flute flickered into his hand from somewhere in his kimono.
Koi smiled at the Scorpion. "Well, if you would like to join in how could I resist? Do you know the melody for this Wild Mountain Thyme? It is a favourite of mine."

The Moth placed her chopsticks down and took a sip of tea to cleanse her mouth before she settled down comfortably and closed her eyes.

First humming gently to build a melody for Hikimasu and Maruto to join in on. Once she was satisfied she began to sing...
O the summer time has come
And the trees are sweetly blooming
And wild mountain thyme
Grows around the purple heather.
Will you go, lovely, go?

And we'll all go together,
To pull wild mountain thyme,
All around the purple heather.
Will you go, lovely, go?
Day 13. MA. Performing for friends. Fire/Performance. Dangerous Allure. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
2Opportunity symbol to show off.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:52 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 am
Koi smiled at the Scorpion. "Well, if you would like to join in how could I resist? Do you know the melody for this Wild Mountain Thyme? It is a favourite of mine."

The Moth placed her chopsticks down and took a sip of tea to cleanse her mouth before she settled down comfortably and closed her eyes.

First humming gently to build a melody for Hikimasu and Maruto to join in on. Once she was satisfied she began to sing...
And wild mountain thyme
Will you go, lovely, go?

Will you go, lovely, go?
He did not indeed know the tune, but as soon as Koi had put a few bars down acapella, the Scorpion joined right in and did so competently, eventually fully encompassing the tune and melody, though he seemed to have stressed a little from the effort, but he still smiled as he put his mask back up and bowed to Koi.

OOC
Perform with Koi, D13. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 am
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:06 pm

And wild mountain thyme
Will you go, lovely, go?

Will you go, lovely, go?
Murato comes in on the song after Koi introduced the melody. He has apparently heard the song as well, the Lion lands being home to a few mountain folk in their mines.

He didn't show off or take any leads, just doing his part beautifully and supporting his friend.

D13 MA, performance at lunch with koi | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:02 am

Nesshin tries to join in, the romantic song speaking to the blessings that fall upon him. His voice rings out not quite as smoothly as in the event some days ago, now, but with a powerful harmony that quivers in sympathy with the melodic line.

~~~~~
Perform roll, https://sakkaku.org/rolls/2080
3Success symbol2Opportunity symbol4Strife symbol
Spending 2Opportunity symbol to cancel 2Strife symbol
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."