[D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shiba Raizo

Re: [D13 MA] Dumpling and friends. (Expected, Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:02 pm
Now satisfied that Murato does actually understand courtesy, he bowed and walked away to never again speak with him.

Instead, he arrived opposite Raizo and Aimi.

"Hello again", he bowed to them before seating himself.
Raizo had joined in the toast, of course and cocked his head as the Scorpion had a seat.

"Been a while. Been well?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 pm

Koi sipped her sake, and watched the people at the table perhaps not understand the meaning of the feast she wanted each torn one way or another by the miai almost deflating the Moth slightly as she sat down.

Waving her hand servants present bamboo nests towered high on top of one another filled with steaming dim sums each filled with exotic flavours and combinations.

Each containing a speciality from each of their clans in one form or another.

Koi waved to everyone, though perhaps a little more humbled than a moment ago. "Today, its eat till you burst enjoy yourselves and again thank you for attending "

Decidingly she turned to Narumi. "Darling Narumi-san I am sorry if this is all a bit sudden and we have not have a chance to meet beyond that one time in the bath but I have heard nothing except compliments from others and I have heard stories about the spirit of an Otter at a party."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:16 pm
Raizo had joined in the toast, of course and cocked his head as the Scorpion had a seat.

"Been a while. Been well?"
"Just so", he said cryptically. "A day is a small matter, or the greatest of your life, it depends on the time spent."

And he had spent time well, and poorly.

"I've been thinking of some friends of ours and their situations, finding myself wishing there were more I could do. Yourself?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:22 pm
"I've been thinking of some friends of ours and their situations, finding myself wishing there were more I could do. Yourself?"
"Very much the same. Of course, I've spent most of the last two weeks being reminded of every single one of my limitations every single day, so, well... you know."

He glanced at Aimi, let himself smile, then back.

"In that sense, it's been business as usual for me."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 pm

He had to admit, he did not understand Raizo's feelings for the woman, but he could see them.

Hikimasu nodded, perhaps a bit envious, yet still it may never be a good end for those two.

"We all do our best, our limitations set by luck and the Fortune's fancy. I expect you'll find yourself well taken care of."

He bowed slightly to Aimi.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:09 pm
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm
She sees Narumi on the far side of Murato, and makes a small gesture of hello, raising an eyebrow cutely. She slides it over to Murato, inclining her head politely.
The greeting is echoed and returned, sans eyebrow lift, though a cooly polite expression remains on Narumi's features- unsure what, if anything, Ishioka has told his Dragon.
Murato looked between the two ladies with a smile. He didn't know how things were between them, but he was definitely the first other than Ishi to see the potential for drama. He leans to Narumi once more. "I imagine that there was a fair bit of... awkwardness between the two of you. Hopefully it didn't get too bad."

He held a friendly smile for Ino.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm
[quote="Usogawa Narumi" post_id=25716 time=<a href="tel:1631041775">1631041775</a> user_id=89]
Murato looked between the two ladies with a smile. He didn't know how things were between them, but he was definitely the first other than Ishi to see the potential for drama. He leans to Narumi once more. "I imagine that there was a fair bit of... awkwardness between the two of you. Hopefully it didn't get too bad."
[/quote]

Inoshishi pops some dim sum, sticking with the sweeter ones if possible, occasionally popping a mushroom into her mouth in between bites. Most of the people here she can understand their presence. Narumi and Murato, she’s still pondering, so she keeps slipping glances their way. She can sense the hesitation, the tension, but has no idea what she’s done this time. Maybe it’s more ripples from upsetting the Seppun last bath.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 pm
Decidingly she turned to Narumi. "Darling Narumi-san I am sorry if this is all a bit sudden and we have not have a chance to meet beyond that one time in the bath but I have heard nothing except compliments from others and I have heard stories about the spirit of an Otter at a party."
A shining smile was given to their host! And Narumi leaned in, interested. "My apologies as well! And Koi-san is too kind with her words. Oh, hai, the rivers sing when Otter's pleasurecraft grace them," she raised a brow in amusement.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm

He held a friendly smile for Ino.
Her gaze ticks to the Kitsu quickly and her lips set in a thin line. "The intention of this luncheon is to share good times, neh?" she replies quickly.
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Inoshishi pops some dim sum, sticking with the sweeter ones if possible, occasionally popping a mushroom into her mouth in between bites. Most of the people here she can understand their presence. Narumi and Murato, she’s still pondering, so she keeps slipping glances their way. She can sense the hesitation, the tension, but has no idea what she’s done this time. Maybe it’s more ripples from upsetting the Seppun last bath.
Of course the last thing Narumi wants to do is cause upset, not here, and so another smile is cast to Ino: this one kinder, softer. Many things had been shared between them, that was true, but never was the Dragon-ko decidedly unpleasant or unkind.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:23 pm
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm
He nods to Narumi and smiles. That well...

Then looks to Ino. Then around at the table. The table was not without talent when it comes to performing.

"Well perhaps we should make like the rivers and sing then?" he suggests.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:56 pm

"Only if you fancy suffering at my hands. I'd suggest being selective...."
Remember to Breathe