[D12 EA expecting/open] Materials for gifts.

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kaito Oubaihime

[D12 EA expecting/open] Materials for gifts.

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:08 pm

Oubaihime decided to buy some materials to make some gifts. Even though her origami was bad she wanted to pursue painting. A way to show people the beaty and radiance she saw in them.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D12 EA expecting/open] Materials for gifts.

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:59 pm

Beauty and radiance were on Matsu Ishioka's mind as he tore through the marketplace like a small whirlwind. As in, he'd like to find some, because that wasn't what he was seeing in his mind.

Fortunately, spying Oubaihime, he calms at least somewhat. He could use a dose of her cheer and good humor to help shake off his lingering... stuff.

"Kaito-san," he greets her with a warm smile, his relief at finding a friend at this time not totally evident. "Kaito-san, I am very happy to see you. I pray the fortunes have been kind since last we spoke."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:17 am

"Ups and downs Matsu sama. One can be in Tengoku one day and in Jigoku the next. But I just hope Inari has been kind with you." She nodded.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:21 am

"Tengoku and Jigoku, hai, Kaito-san. It is just so," he heartily agrees, betraying a bit how the last two days have gone. Seeking distraction from another trip down that line of thinking, the Lion quickly inquires, "Ah, Kaito-san, is there anything I can help you find today?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:15 pm

"I want to start creating things that are not that utilitarian... I think maybe start making perfumes or perhaps explore painting. I would like to make something nice for many friends." The girl nodded.
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Ishioka's eyes light. Gift giving? Yes.

"That's a beautiful idea Kaito-san. Gifts to help brighten days, especially as we will soon be leaving here." Although perhaps that thought should trouble Ishioka, it seems to get caught in the tide of positivity around gifts and carried happily with that.

"Are these things you're used to making? Perhaps things you would rather purchase, at least for... certain people." The big Lions voice is soft, supportive, not pushing her.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:00 pm

"I make balms and different types of medicine." She shook her head. "I want try something new... to keep my mind busy. Cleaning the temple might be comforting to this one but sometimes one need to step aside frome those things that bring confort." She sighed.
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:55 pm

The Lion's eyes narrow, sensing much more behind the Phoenix's words than just what she is saying out loud.

"I find comfort, personally, in the giving of gifts. All kinds, whether made or bought, can bring joy to the recipient and lift the heart of the giver all the same." He regards the shrine maiden, seemingly deflated from her usual self, and can't resist sharing a thought.

"But, if I may, I think perhaps you need the gift of wisdom," he says, drawing her off to the side of the market's crowd so they can speak more quietly. "It is not my wisdom, fortunes know, I only just came to accept it. But after days of trying to predict and control what would happen here, I came to understand what Kuni Yasu-san has been saying: In the end, it is up to the Deer. We are not responsible for the final decision. All we can do is put our best forward and trust in the nakodo, the stars, and the fortunes." He knows he sounds preachy, but he hopes it's helpful to Oubaihime.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:20 pm

"I know... I am not worried about that I am worried about other things." She sighed "I trust the wisdom of the Shika to pair this one. I just feel I gave gotten too attached to some here and my heart might not take the pressure if I stay like this. I am a mess... I know my strength and my flaws but this is new territory that I trek and it is somewhat scary..." She looked at the Matsu sadden

"I need to get a grip and find new things to do... you know... I can't go to the temple for he... is there... and I can't continue going to the forge... nii san... what should I do besides sit in my room and take care of Sora san?"
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:31 pm

The Lion chuckles sadly, but looks at his "little sister" fondly.

"It may seem unlikely, but I feel similarly. The... attachments... I am not sure that even knowing the final answer will make us feel better, for there will be... farewells of one sort or another." Ishioka looks distressed for a time, then breaks into a fairly wide smile. "I keep coming back to something that Kuni Yasu-san said. While we may not be matched with those we love, we won't be matched auth those we hate. And even if we only had this time here with our beloved, that alone is a great blessing."

The Phoenix can see that Ishioka isn't really at peace, but he's clearly trying to help.
Description