[D11, EE] Imperial Dining Cart (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D11, EE] Imperial Dining Cart (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:20 pm

"While it is true I had some inspiration, I would like to thank the judge", the Scorpiom admitted. "He seemed to like my work more than I did."

A sight chuckle there, remembering the bullshit he fed the man.

"Though you say your piece had similarity? I think I should be flattered but perhaps Seppun-sama can explain more?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Yuzu opens a weird smile as Hiikimasu chuckles. Well, it kind of reminds a smile, so I guess one should count as one. "Much easier to convince than Shika Pei-Pei-sama, I assume. Even I managed to do that."

As the bowls come, the young Seppun claps his hands and provides a short, "Itadakimasu!" Then, he slurps some extra spicy noodles. The one-eye tear drop is inevitable. With a deep breath, he says, "Gomen. It is too hot and spicy."

Another breath, and the boy regains more control, "So, I collected flowers that reminded me of moments I shared here. I thought Shosuro-san made the same. Pardon if my assumption is misplaced."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:58 pm

He also said a small prayer of thanks for the food, then took his chopsticks from his sleeve, wiped them properly and a well slurped some noodles. He seemed to be accustomed to the flavor and spice, the small serving of chicken in the bowl wasn't too tender, nor dry either. He nodded appreciation to the cook but gave no words.

"You'd be right< I'd say", he confirmed the Seppun's assessment with a slight smirk. "There's been a great deal to happen, and picking moments in my mind to share using flowers was a bit taxing mentally. I may not have showed it, but I was a little nervous I have overdone it."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:26 pm

"Is that so?" Yusu says, picking the egg and munching on it whole. "Shosuro-san managed to keep up with confidence and serenity, to mu perspective. A real example."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:30 pm

He slurped more noodles, getting the shredded mushrooms in the bite. "Oh, if I'm not tense, I'm not trying hard enough", he admitted. "Worry is proof of effort, that's my experience anyway." He picked up his tea cup again with his other hand. "Has Seppun-sama had many easy times until now? Learning something from the struggle is as important as the accomplishment."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:57 pm

"Easy? No. Far from it." He takes the bowl and slurps some broth. Oh boy, the spice. Another tear forms, and he cleans it with his forearm, after resting the bowl back into the counter. "I've told this to Shika Pei-Pei-sama. These tests are just... odd. I do trust they will guide us to a bright future, but really... I've never performed so poorly in my life. Such strife, and no good results."

Then, he takes a sip of the tea and chuckles, "But diligence in training, clarity of purpose and faith in honor showed me the true way. Ominous, but... since the eclipse, well, it feels like the Heavens passed graces to my soul."

Yuzu provides a nod and a clap in thanks. It is meant for his ancestral father and creator.

--
Reassuring the Deer know what their are doing. Even if not agreeing with the how. Blessed lineage | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
+2 Side Goal
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:02 pm

"I'm trusting them, yes", he said thoughtfully. "I think the tests aren't only to showcase our talents, but an opportunity to display how we act outside our usual circumstances, which is symbolic of the changes to one's life marriage can bring. Have you considered this?"

He finished his noodles and chicken, but left the broth for a moment, letting it settle.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:04 pm

"I have not considered. Will do now. It is a very wise analogy." He says, going back into fetching the shrimps.
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:20 pm

"It is something to think about, though about another matter", he began anew. "I have been working to bring attention to an event that may be of interest. How does Seppun-sama feel about new things, as we speak of the idea of these trials and new beginnings, I believe a new sort of performance might be worthwhile."

Agenda Ambush COMPLETE
Agenda with Yuzu, EE, distinction | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Water opp to drop 2 strife.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:31 pm

The boy tilts his head at that, and takes another shrimp to chew on while he thinks. After its gone, he mentions, "I uphold tradition. So, if this new respects the norms, well, it hope it to be good."
DescriptionTheme