[D11, EE] Imperial Dining Cart (Open)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D11, EE] Imperial Dining Cart (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm

The Scorpion had just finished some music practice and was feeling hungry. He liked how things were going there and every offscreen moment with Usogawa Emiko was as good as the on screen times. So no complaints.

Walking through the market after seeing her back to the inn, he decided he should eat a real meal. All the light snacks for meetings were tasty, but they didn't compare to proper ramen as the sun went down.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Yuzu

Re: [D11, EE] Imperial Dining Cart (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:26 pm

Yuzu himself would really be grateful to spend more moments, onscreen and offscreen, with Emiko. Without a doubt. Yet, since desire is a sin, he simply swallows it up and doesn't complain.

Spicy ramen is also a very good training method to contain tears. So, the young Imperial asks for his traditional extra with shrimps and lemon zest.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:29 pm

And next to him, appeared a Scorpion in the cart. Hikimasu smiled beneath his mask. It honestly wasn't the happiest of smiles, but he didn't place that blame on Yuzu himself.

"Seppun-sama, good evening", he said as he made certain he was seated properly. "Congratulations on your efforts today, I hope everyone acted honorably."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Yuzu now got used to people coming out of nowhere. Specially the Scorpion. He doesn't react startled, but his left hand does go to near the saya before he reconizes the Shosuro. Then, he provides a seated nod, "Good evening, Shosuro-san. Willing to share Inari-kami's blessings at this fine establishment with me?"

At the congratulations, Yuzu humbles down... well... he tries his best to. "I appreciate the words, Shosuro-san. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to avoid the challenge. The offense was grave and an example had to be set."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:40 pm

"Samurai do what they have to, others...well", he shook his head and waved the cook over. "Spicy chicken, an extra egg too." With a neutral expression he continued with Yuzu. "Others...even samurai forget themselves. you did what you had to. I think if anything, people should admire your example, not everyone would be willing to deal with it publicly."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:45 pm

"Ah! Good call." He says, and looks to the cook, "Please, add a soft boiled sunny sliced egg, kudasai."

He notices the odd repetition of words that don't really connect as they should, but lets it pass by. Yuzu flips a cup and serves warm tea to the Shosuro. With a nod, he mentions, "When honor demands action, the samurai must obey, regardless of the circumstances."
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 pm

He returned the favor, topping off the Seppun's tea.

"True, though separately from that particular matter, I feel for Asahina-san. First that he didn't find the proper path in the moment, and second for his circumstances that caused the matter." He lowered his mask and picked up his tea. "The young man seems to have never enjoyed life much until coming here. I can identify with that."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 pm

"I don't disagree." He provides a thankful nods and sips, "Yet, one shouldn't drown himself in sorrow. Regret is a sin. I hope he takes it as a lesson learned, and finds himself renewed to serve his lord's purpose with redoubled enthusiasm."
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Hikimasu sipped as well, wondering if it was his lord, sensei, or parent that had abused the young Crane so.

"One can only hope", he allowed. "Earlier today, at the Ikebana display, did you find yourself in good spirits?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:03 pm

"I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing. Until I found inspiration." He chuckles, and looks to the Shosuro, "Your piece was quite good. I confess that was sort of what I was looking to achieve."
DescriptionTheme