[D11, ME](Soyokaze's Forge) What next? (Expecting)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D11, ME](Soyokaze's Forge) What next? (Expecting)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:48 am

Soyokaze stopped dead in front of the furnace. "Um, okay, I mean yes but it's dirty work, especially what I have to do right now." He ripped off his kimono and started shoveling out the coals that he had doused in water. "If you look under he table behind me, behind the curtain you will find metal plates, steel, copper ,etc. Pick one out you like and then I suggest you roll up your sleeves and make sure your hair isn't going to get in your way."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:04 pm

She picks a copper plate an smiled. Bai took her hair up making a bun tying it with her ribbon. The Kaito was no stranger to feeding a furnace. Winters in Phoenix lands can be very harsh and with all the water features in the Water Dragon temple things had to be warmed. She didn't have to roll up her sleeve though as they were detachable since well for washing duties the sleeves would get wet. The Kaito folded them and placed them on a safe place.

Bai brought Soyokaze the copper plate. His bare back showed his scars yet the muscle underneath. She knew his that he was strong and his back scars made him stronger than he thinks. She took the second shovel and started to help feed the furnace. "This reminds me of the winter moths back home, when I had furnace duties." The Kaito giggled.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:48 pm

"So what are you planning? I know you aren't going to actually hurt him but how far are you going to take this?" He tried not to stare at her bare arms as he lit the fire. He was curious beyond belief to see this side of her.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:38 pm

"He has lost this one respect. I have always respected him keeping my eyes low as I am not of his status. He will now know that me looking up to him means something changed. That earned respect has been lost." She smiled. "I have a gift from the heavens thanks to you. Lady Doji's mirror."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:04 pm

"So you know him well then. Why did he escalate things so far to begin with? Is he courting you as well?" There was no anger or hurt in his words but a deep curiosity. With the fire now burning he began to work the bellows. "There should be a a series of half spheres on one of the shelves over there, pick one that you think is the right size for the width of the bottle and place it on the anvil we are going to hammer the metal around it."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:00 pm

"Well you would have known if you would have told me." She searched the forme and choose one of the appropriate size. "In his odd world of idealism I think he is... yet I see him as a little brother who has this new role in his life. His new role is getting to his head." She moved to place it on the anvil.
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:14 pm

"There is a pair of gloves in the sleeve of my kimono, you should probably put them on. You need to hold the metal with those long tongs right there and hold it in the fire while I do this." He worked the bellows harder and harder and the temperature was climbing again. "So. You know my situation, with my fathers order and me being here. I have tried so hard not to connect with anyone else here, it feels like a betrayal to you, but with time running short...would it hurt you if I tried to meet a few more people here?" He didn't want to say it but he had to plan for the worst.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 pm

She looked for the gloves in his kimono. Kaito took the Kimono from the floor and folded it. She was quiet as she ponder on the question. "that is what we do in a miai."
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:53 pm

"I don't want to hurt you anymore though. I don't want to do this or even think about it. I left Ishioka's party in part because I didn't want to hurt you, I never should have gone in the first place. The stunt Ishioka pulled just made it easier to leave. But if you say no I won't and there is no way I could find someone to replace you so don't even consider that. If the Shika favor neither of us is there anyone else here you could be happy with? I hope so, I can't imagine any of the men here would be disappointed in having you as their wife." It was a difficult line of conversation but one they needed to have at some point he felt.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:16 am

"I want you to meet new people. If you love something let it explore the world. If it come back then be glad that they still love you and if it never returns be glad that you had their love for a short time." She explained. "I will not be hurt if you seek exploration and extend your wings to fly."
Smells like flowers