(D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:42 am

"We've talked about our past and present, and hinted at the future. But not full discussion or planning. When there is a chance that none here might end up with who they hope to, we can only really talk about vague things. Be aware, but not make plans," he says. "It's not an easy thing to do or line to walk. None of us have been married before after all."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:49 am

"I wonder if it would be worth it to talk to Pei-Pei about it. She's married and a matchmaker, surely she would have some advice about that. Right? Regardless I feel like a stone rolling down a hill, as our time here grows short everything seems to be going faster and faster."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:53 am

"You can talk to her if you like, but I suspect she won't share much that would be useful. The Deer are trying to be neutral parties and observing us. Giving hints and advice will likely be incredibly generic and things you'll think seem like common sense after hearing them I imagine. Better to just use that time doing what they expect of us. Meeting people, and letting them observe," he explains.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:02 am

"Is four days even enough time to meet someone at this point? I've met..." he thinks for a moment. "Five, five that I think I have spent enough time with to form any kind of opinion on; enough to know if they at least interest me and only one of those was a hard pass."

Maybe that isn't even a mask.

"Four days." he shakes his head. "Though I do need to find Moshi Shizuka and apologize for my rude exit of the mixer. Do you know her at all? I had a bad encounter with the last woman I met and I would like to avoid that."

Though this time at least I won't have Unsei playing puppet master.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:09 am

"I've spoken with Shizuka, she's lovely. I'd say be bold with her, she has a strong personality. And four days is more than enough time to have a conversation or two with a few more of the women. It may not be enough time to develop the connection to a level like you have with Bai, but it's enough time to understand what to expect with them if you are matched," he says with a shrug. "I personally have had fewer connections than you might think. Mostly because those I connected with have found stronger connections elsewhere. But I think most of them, if I end up matched with them would not be displeased," he says with a shrug.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:14 am

He laughs deeply. "Be bold? When have I ever been bold? I tried with Luixian and thought she was going to stab me. I tried with Yuzu and I'm in a duel. I tried with you." he sipped his tea, wishing it was still sake. "How are you so calm all the time, I know about Lion stoicism but does nothing rattle you?"
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:21 am

"Oh, I'm not calm all the time. But social situations are nothing to be afraid of. When an eight foot tall burning gaki holds you to the ground with little effort and your life is inches from ending... the thought of being scared of talking to a woman becomes a non-issue. Perspective changes everything. But even with that, a week ago I was consumed with rage at myself. Nobody is always calm," he says with a smile.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:24 am

"Have you really dealt with that before, I thought you were a courtier?!"
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 am

"I have," he said with a nod, pulling open the front of his kimono a bit at the chest revealing the wicked branded hand print. "And it's just one among many. I am a bureaucrat, but I put my gift of sight to use for my clan as best I can. This means going on missions to deal with spiritual threats, particularly where seeing the spirit in question is not a given."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:39 am

Soyokaze felt small, sounded small. "These are great things you do."
Description