(D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

(D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:25 am

Probably not expected or desired with the stress he is under, but Murato finds his way in. He had been so gung ho for Oubaihime, but was absent from competition earlier so his rival was curious.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: (D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:36 am

Soyokaze swung his hammer with a rage he had never known before, he did not hear the Lion enter and his attendant, who was gone for the evening, could give him no warning.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:40 am

"I'm not an expert, but I strongly suspect that a blade forged in anger likely carries that anger Soyokaze-san," comes a familiar voice. "So who are you making such an angry blade for?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:45 am

Soyokaze whirled at the sound of the voice, hammer in one hand and a air of tongs clamped around a ruined piece of steel the rough length of a wakizashi in the other. His lips started to curl into a snarl but faded into a thin line, impassive. "Murato-san, to what do I owe the honor of your presence.

Another viper crawling out of the weeds?
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:56 am

The stance and expression of the Lion are neutral.

"You weren't present this morning. That is not like you. Because we've looked into each other's eyes. Seen what is in each other's hearts," he stated plainly.

"So swing that hammer at me, at that piece of steel, or set it down. Whatever you wish. Just try to do so calmly."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:02 am

Could you? Really?

Soyokaze cast the ruined sword into the heath and set his tools down. He gestured for his guest to sit down and walked over to his cushion across from it. "As I told your cousin earlier today I have more important things to do than make a fool of myself for others entertainment. The Shika. The Lion. Anyone. I am trying to craft someone a blade, a wakizashi, and time is running out." The Crane looked exhausted, he clearly hadn't gotten any real sleep in days.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:12 am

"Then don't stop on my account. I can understand putting yourself through pain for others sakes. But we can't do that angrily, Soyokaze-san," he says shaking his head before taking the offered seat.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told Bai. We all feel pain and sorrow. We need to lean on each other in difficult times. I'm likely not the person you would do so with. But I know she would help carry your burden just as you would hers. Shiba Raizo too I suspect if I'm reading that right."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:20 am

"She was just here." Hoping the statement would jar his guest the way he knew it would him right now but his rage was fading, aided by the mention of his love. "I have leaned to heavily on the kindness of others and I have been burned by that trust repeatedly when that kindness comes to me wrapped in gold." He took a bottle our from a shrouded shelf behind him. "Sake?" He poured a cup for his guest then himself and drank immediately. "Kampai."
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:27 am

The statement of her presence gets no reaction whatsoever.
And he only sips the offered drink.

"If she was just here then why, in the names of the fortunes, are you so angry? I know you see what I do when you look at her. And unless I am missing something you should have come away from the conversation in a happier, more peaceful mood."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:37 am

He sighed and seemed to shrink a little as he leaned back against a post. "I would never let her see me like this, I hate this. But peace, like our lives, is fleeting. I know what people think of me but just because I am small and meek and an Asahina doesn't make me any less of a man and like any man I know anger. I accept and appreciate your concern for my absence but from what I hear it was a hunting event today so I likely did more for my chances being here then failing at another of the Shika's idiotic tests. I am not conceding anything, just managing my time better, I will be there again tomorrow." He refilled their cups and drank again, sipping rather than chugging this time. "How did you fare in the hunt?"
Description