(D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:43 am

"And I come close to death and will likely die years before you do. You can accomplish so much more with your duty and in service to your clan than I ever will," he says with a shrug. "And twenty nine days out of thirty my mind is numbed by looking at the same forms repeatedly in triplicate," he explains.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:49 am

"There is hardly anything exciting or romantic about my life, just a lot of sore muscles and ringing ears. You do battle with monsters, do not discount your actions. Every scar on your body tells a story of bravery and determination."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:53 am

"Of course they do," he says with a smirk. "What do you think I tell stories about? The difference is that when someone looks at you as a potential spouse the will see a generous and kind soul that can care for them for life. When they look at me, they likely see someone passionate and exciting and likely to burn out some day."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:02 am

"Kindness is often a weakness, it leads you to trust to easily, it makes you look weak. I aspire to your level of confidence, no doubt you have told Bai the story of each of those scars, I have been hiding my back this whole time. I think she may have seen it when she showed up earlier but she didn't make any comment about it and she has never really tried to dig into my past which both makes me thankful and worries me. But you don't hide your flaws, not that there seem to be many of those to begin with."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 am

"I've not actually shared any of them with her. Not really," he says with a shrug. "She's aware, but I haven't shared them with her. More with others. They make for interesting icebreakers, but with her we met in the temple and found a connection with that," he says, thinking back to those first few meetings where she was always blushing.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:15 am

This surprised Soyokaze, expecting to get another scolding for hiding things from Bai.

Maybe I'm not as bad at this as I thought

"Huh."

He was speechless.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:32 am

"Nothing about me is hidden from her. I am an open book for Bai. It simply hasn't been discussed. But she knows that I occasionally fight spirits as part of my duties and I've mentioned I have scars," he explains. "Not everything about you is the handful of things you can list. You undoubtedly have more to offer than you think."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:57 am

Nope, you're shit.

Soyokaze sighed and yawned. "I need a bath I must smell terrible. I have run out of time, I really wanted to complete Aimi-san's wakizashi before tomorrow but everything my hammer touches right now turns to slag. But I should probably get some sleep and not look like a total wreck at the duel. You are welcome to join me at the baths if you wish to continue." he wasn't trying to get rid of his guest just feeling his own mortality and being sensible.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:12 am

"I'm actually going to be heading to the temple after this. Had to help banish a gaki earlier, so I want to go there to re-center myself and rest my mind a bit," he explains.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 am

Soyokaze staggered to his feet, looking already half asleep. "Fortunes carry you then Kitsu Murato, I will see tomorrow at whatever the Shika concoct for us next."
Description