(D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D10 ME, Forge) Friendly Rival

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:54 am

"I took a leisurely stroll and turned in a weed," he said with a smirk. "So it was relaxing, but I did poorly in the eyes of the test proctor I am sure," he replied.

"As for keeping this anger from her... I think that is a mistake. A few days, almost a week ago, she saw me in the worst state I've been in here. Don't hide your pain from those you love Soyokaze-san. They deserve to know all of you. Like you said, we are not perfect, we are mortal. Lean on her, let her lean on you."

Then he did something that Soyokaze likely would not see coming if he had thought about it for a thousand years.

He raise a pinky. "Too many expectations on yourself I think." Just as Soyokaze had done for Oubaihime after the grappling when she was feeling low. "In case she didn't say it."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:35 am

[Soyokaze unmasks]

The of rage was swept out as quickly as as it had come in, and all that was left behind was despair. He broke entirely then and a flood of tears poured out of him. For a solid minute all he could was cry and it was a ragged, painful thing. All the pain in his soul was laid bare for the Kitsu to see. When he regained his senses and caught his breath he spoke, tears still streaming down his face.

"Swear to me Murato. Swear on your HONOR that you love her. That she is your first choice for a wife. That you would die to protect her. That you would leave your clan behind for her. I NEED to believe you Murato, you'll be the only one who can make her happy, not Moshumaru, not Yuzu, it has to be you."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am

The tears elicit a small sigh from him, imperceptible to the Crane over his crying. In front of me?
Okay...

After he spoke, asking for his word, Murato rose and stepped closer. The response came together for him as he came right up to the Asahina. There wasn't anger, threat or sadness. He placed a hand on his shoulder then slowly pulled Soyokaze into an embrace. It was the same firm, warm and comforting embrace he had shared with Oubaihime. So now Soyo knew how that felt for her.

He pulls away only a bit so he can look Soyokaze in the eye, a hand going to the Cranes cheek. The orange looks bright and vivid glowing with the reflection of forge embers. He leans forward to kiss Soyo's forehead.

"I love her, as strongly as you can imagine. I will care for her until my life reaches its end. I cannot promise things outside of my control. But by my honor, she is the first woman I would choose if the Deer gave me the choice. She is the radiance I see in darkness, the water that drowns my sorrow and the breeze that lifts my spirit. I would not just die to protect her, I would suffer pain until the end of days if it would spare her an ounce of unhappiness."

He pulls closer in once more, his head over the Crane's shoulder. "So... try to keep your shit together more often. I don't love you enough to do this every day, Soyo-kun."

He stood there and held Soyokaze in his arms as long as he allowed it.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Soyokaze did not pull back right away nor did he do so forcefully but when he did he did so fully, recoiling slightly as he regained some measure of composure. "No, I will in your your love for Bai-chan but I have been burned by Lion friendship too many times. I dared to trust Ishioka and he used me. I tired, against my better judgement, to trust Moshumaru and he has betrayed both of us. I cannot trust you beyond this oath." he wiped his face. "And I do believe you in that, I have to because she is going to need you."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:55 pm

"You can't use ominous words like that without explaining them. Tell me what you mean," he says, not requesting. "If you don't I will assume your life is being threatened, walk directly out of here, and march up to the castle to report such. I have to speak with the champion soon anyway, I can make it now if needs be."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Soyokaze searched the Lion's face for some sense that he was being false, unable to believe that the Lion weren't all in this together despite Moshumaru already saying they weren't.

"Ishioka has only ever acted as a friend and I believed that. When he asked me to attend his event last night I wanted to say no, the idea of seeking out another besides Bai-chan sickens me even if it is wise because I cannot know what the Shika will decide. I gave him my word I would show up and I kept my word. Less than ten minutes was there before he forcefully pulled me away from a conversation to place me before Moshi Shizuka. He told me he wanted to help me meet people and introducing me to her would have been a great start as none can deny that she is lovely to behold. but I was not the only one he presented to her. At the same time that he presented me I stood shoulder to shoulder with your kin, Kitsu Tsugumasa. I wasn't there to be the recipient of Lion hospitality, I was there to make yet another Kitsu look good in comparison. After all that happened between us I cannot and will not contest with another Lion over a potential bride. So I did exactly what Ishioka wanted, I made your cousin look good, by leaving the event. I have mostly been here working since then. I am tired of being a pawn and a joke to your clan. Moshumaru on the other hand..."

He trailed off, not sure if he wanted to tell the Kitsu of his cousins duplicity.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:43 pm

He nods at that. "I think... Ishioka likely just failed to get his point across properly. If I had to guess, he was just being dumb rather than cruel. He's a Matsu. Competitive, direct and not afraid of conflict in any form. I suspect he just doesn't really understand you. But I can see how you would take offense to that, and don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I mean, they expected me there as well as though they thought I required help with my love life," he shakes his head. "Then introduced me to a woman that, right there in front of me, used suggestive body language towards Ishioka's own interest in the same breath she greeted me. He... is not observant and actions taken in ignorance of details can seem crueler than they are meant to be."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:49 pm

"Moshumaru said much the same but I don't exactly trust his words anymore. Perhaps you Lion aren't the united force I believed you to be but the actions of Ishioka given all that has happened were either ignorant or cruel."

He took another sip of sake, needing it's strength for what happened next.

"Moshumaru however is a villain." he let the words hang and focused his gaze on the Kitsu's eyes to show he was serious. "He has been courting Bai."
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:02 pm

"He hasn't," he replies, with no doubt in his mind. "He's been speaking with her on occasion, of which I was aware. If he were courting Bai, I would have figured that out already. We came up in the dojo together. I know him better than I know anyone here. And if he were and Ishioka knew and I did not, he'd likely be getting his ass handed to him by an angry Matsu for trying to confuse her."

"What makes you think that he is courting her? Has Bai-chan told you that? Did he say it directly to you?"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 pm

"As I said he was here earlier offering me honey words, I could never for get them or the implication they carried."
...we have discussed life in the Lion lands, confidence, plays, and even painted a painting together but yesterday. I must remember yellow next time, I must say."

He seemed so... casual, about the whole thing. But the message was deafening, practically a roar on the battlefield. And that roar said in no uncertain words I have been here the entire time, and you never saw me coming.
You say he hasn't, he says he hasn't when I called him on it but the Shika will not see it that way. His actions are an insult to you, me and one who has pledged their heart to him and were I a stronger man I would challenge him over it."
Description